Yonex ADX100 & 200

Dijon

Visit site
Hi there
I hope someone can help me. I am just taking up this game at the tender age of 65, and I have purchased a second hand set of clubs consisting of Yonex ADX 200 Driver and 5 wood and ADX 100 3 and 7 woods plus Slazenger XTC irons. After reading the article in Golf Monthly are there any other restrictions on clubs?
Thanking you in anticipation
Dijon

Dijon

Visit site
The article stated, that, certain Drivers were to be illegal after January 2008. Being brand new to the game, I was just wondering if there had been any other legislation with regard to the legality of clubs, as I dont want to start off on the wrong foot. Perhaps someone could inform me if I have made a wise purchase, or will I have to change the clubs I have purchased.

Dijon

Visit site
Dear Atticus-Finch
Thank you very much for the info. How do you rate Yonex Woods and XTC irons? are they a good starter set?

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry, Dijon,
I can't claim to know much about these particular clubs. Perhaps some of the other members have had some experience of them.
As a starter set though, I would imagine they would do just fine.
I don't see the point in going out and spending a lot of money on equipment until you are sure that golf is the sport for you.
When the time comes to renew your gear you will be more knowledgable in the strengths/weaknesses of your game and you will be better placed to make a more informed decision on what you are looking for.
Or you could be like the majority of golfers (myself included) and go for the shiniest stuff.

Atticus

P

pingpal

Dijon,
to answer your question the Yonex ADX 200 will be legal for use in 2008 and beyond so no you dont need to change it. Looking at it online it is a small headed old style wooden driver (rare these days!). I still struggle with the term 'metal wood!'.
Anyway as you are starting out in golf you would find it an awful lot easier if you acquired a modern large headed titanium driver. It will help you knock it a lot further too which means an easier second shot! Just a thought.