Yellow warnings for thunder over the next couple of days

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thunderstorms in the guildford area and up through london, but nothing down at Kent at the moment.

Which fingers crossed means I'm good to go this evening.....

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Serious Thunder and lightening has just arrived Surrey/Hants borders. A quick deluge but has now stopped - Thunder disappearing into the distance - for the time being.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I think to say "Its raining" doesn't quite do it justice...
I've never seen rain like it..and....
Its 30+° and we have hailstones the size of marbles...
Gotta love a British summer eh?
And the cat's out there somewhere..May well have been blown away by now......:oops:

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think to say "Its raining" doesn't quite do it justice...
I've never seen rain like it..and....
Its 30+° and we have hailstones the size of marbles...
Gotta love a British summer eh?
And the cat's out there somewhere..May well have been blown away by now......:oops:
Great news, surely it'll be all done by tomorrow. :D

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Hit my first tee shot yesterday afternoon just before 4, took two paces of the tee and the first low rumble came in. Seemed like it was moving in the opposite direction so decided to play the first anyways, played second as rumbles got louder, stood on the 3rd, looked at the armageddon like sky approaching and rapidly walked in. Thought I'd trek up to the range instead. A couple of minutes down the road it started hammering down with some nasty lightning, didn't stop for an hour or more. Two groups still went out as I came in....

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I would love to know what is going on with the forecasts at the moment. Im on the Sussex/Surrey border and every single day since Monday it has predicted lightning and storms. Other than a brief (20 mins) heavy shower yesterday and the odd grumble of thunder around that, we have seen nothing of the sort.

My 'mate' decided to cancel our round last night based on the forecast, despite me pointing out that they have been wrong constantly for the best part of a week. Sure enough, today it is cloudy but there is absolutely no rain in sight. Last night the forecast suggested rain and thunder for the whole day :sleep:

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would love to know what is going on with the forecasts at the moment. Im on the Sussex/Surrey border and every single day since Monday it has predicted lightning and storms. Other than a brief (20 mins) heavy shower yesterday and the odd grumble of thunder around that, we have seen nothing of the sort.

My 'mate' decided to cancel our round last night based on the forecast, despite me pointing out that they have been wrong constantly for the best part of a week. Sure enough, today it is cloudy but there is absolutely no rain in sight. Last night the forecast suggested rain and thunder for the whole day :sleep:

The forecast has been the same all week; possibility of thunderstorms, but the exact location of where they will spring up is impossible to predict. The forecast wasn't suggesting it would definitely be rainy and thundering, it was saying that it could happen.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I get it will never be fully accurate, but surely there should be a degree of accuracy? Otherwise, what's the point.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I get it will never be fully accurate, but surely there should be a degree of accuracy? Otherwise, what's the point.

There is a degree of accuracy; they know there will be thunderstorms, just not exactly where they will occur. Therefore they have to warn of the possibility, even though it won't come to fruition for most. All of the detail was in the weather warning.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Hmmm. This will be yet another day where the forecasts said rain and lightning, and so far there hasn't been a drop.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Heard a few rumbles of thunder in the distance on the course yest

Kept eye on one those lightening apps that someone mentioned was away from us and wind blowing it further

Finished the round. Not a single flash of lightning and zero rain aswell

But that said 20 miles away M25 flooded

sunshine

Visit site
have Thursday off work for golf, so I imagine it will be thunderstorms on Thursday afternoon. But if I cancel it it will be glorious sunshine, so we'll go ahead and just cross our fingers.

So did you get struck by lightning? The suspense is killing me.

I played on thursday morning, it was raining at home but at my course 10 minutes up the road there hadn't been a drop of rain and I played the whole round in bright sunshine!