10?
5?

How long would you wait before restarting after the storm

Is there any official guidance ?

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Very warm up in Dumfries & Galloway.

Storms were predicted but every morning the forecast clears. Now set for ? next few days.

Was going to play golf, lovely weather for it, but having too much of a good time round the Galloway forest, lochs and beaches to be bothered.

Had no idea was so beautiful up here

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
So at what point do you stop playing Or the course closes

If the lightning tracker says 20 miles?
10?
5?

How long would you wait before restarting after the storm

Is there any official guidance ?
WE usually sound the hooter as soon as lightening is sighted as some people may be at the far end of the course and so will take a while to get back to the clubhouse. As we have a load of new/temporary members it'll be interesting if the hooter does go as I'm sure 99% of them won't come off and will carry on playing. The rule as a club we have is explicit and if the hooter sounds members are expected to stop playing and either refuge at the storm shelter between the 6th green and 14th/18th tee or make their way back to the clubhouse. Members are not permitted to carry on on playing

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
WE usually sound the hooter as soon as lightening is sighted as some people may be at the far end of the course and so will take a while to get back to the clubhouse. As we have a load of new/temporary members it'll be interesting if the hooter does go as I'm sure 99% of them won't come off and will carry on playing. The rule as a club we have is explicit and if the hooter sounds members are expected to stop playing and either refuge at the storm shelter between the 6th green and 14th/18th tee or make their way back to the clubhouse. Members are not permitted to carry on on playing

Cool, but what’s the guidance? There must be an insurance blurb somewhere that gives the protocols

Because “in sight” might be too late

Tommy10

Visit site
Central and Eastern Scotland got hit hard last night (below is Falkirk). I'm in the west, teeing off at 3.40 today and 25 degrees predicted :cool:

1597220283252.png

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Cool, but what’s the guidance? There must be an insurance blurb somewhere that gives the protocols

Because “in sight” might be too late

I found this on the members section of the website. Not sure it really gives too much away in terms of the insurance side of things

LIGHTNING
In the event of lightning being seen within the vicinity of the Golf Course, (which in some circumstances may be some distance from the clubhouse) the klaxon will be sounded and play is suspended. This is mandatory. Golfers seen by staff or reported to have continued playing may face disciplinary action. Golfers must leave the course immediately. It is the responsibility of each Golfer to assess the risk to ensure their safe passage from the Golf Course.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Big thunderstorms and loads of electrical activity this morning in the North East of Scotland.

Suns out now and I’m looking forward to Cruden Bay this evening