Yellow warnings for thunder over the next couple of days

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Was forecast for yesterday and today, thankfully never materialised.
I have just got in from golf, so could have got caught in the start of it.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've got a game scheduled for tomorrow, I'm sure if I don't go there will be no sign of any thunder....

I'll see what the forecast is just before I'm due to leave the house, it should be reasonably accurate by that point (hopefully)

D

Deleted Member 1156

Playing tomorrow evening weather permitting but storms forecast here.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Playing tomorrow evening weather permitting but storms forecast here.

4:30pm for me. The possibility of storms is forecast in the 4 hours that follow that.

How will you decide whether to play? Keep your eye on the weather and the forecast and decide as late as possible - it's the only option that doesn't involve cancelling now!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's annoying though, the weather apps I've used tend to just predict thunderstorms whenever it's hot enough. Like if they say it enough times they'll be right eventually. I guess you know there's going to be a storm when it's been humid for ages, but it could come at literally any time.

I have Thursday off work for golf, so I imagine it will be thunderstorms on Thursday afternoon. But if I cancel it it will be glorious sunshine, so we'll go ahead and just cross our fingers.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Got an 8:30 booking for tomorrow. Will keep an eye on the forecast but unless it's dire, will go with intention of playing. Will obviously watch what the weather does and if the thunderstorms materialise then will walk in. Fortunate in that the layout of the course means nowhere is very far from the clubhouse.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Believe it when it happens

They are in serious bottom covering mode

We have had storm warnings past 2 days and for next 2 days anywhere accross UK at any time. So basically they haven't got a clue

We had a storm warning yest with less than 5% chance of rain

Play and if happens walk off

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Interesting that the only place in the UK with lightning at the moment is Scotland! Which I understand is very much cooler than the South of England

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Chippenham is showing lightning from Wednesday 5pm right through till Friday evening (BBC site), hopefully this isn’t true and they are just hedging their bets

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Chippenham is showing lightning from Wednesday 5pm right through till Friday evening (BBC site), hopefully this isn’t true and they are just hedging their bets

all the current weather warnings are for some thunderstorms but locations and timings unknown, seems a bit harsh someone has decided theyre going to Chippenham and staying there

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
As I put on another thread, a storm brewed near Watford yesterday evening, moved as far as Milton Keynes and blew itself out...
All in the space of an hour.
There are plenty of tracker apps out there and most seem to work quite well.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Got a game booked for 4.00 on Friday so I'll keep an eye out. Hitting balls and working on my putting/short game next few days so easy to pack up and retire to the bar if necessary and a storm rolls in. Captains Day on Saturday so fingers crossed this hot and humid weather will have cleared through and it runs without interruption

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Didn't materialise today, but crazy humid in Glasgow.

I'd always play till it's not playable, but granted might not do a big trip or green fee if could be easily rescheduled.

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hoofed it down last night! Local flooding meant most buildings at work were shut do we had to wfh. Saw some pictures of the golf courses near work and they were under water.
Fine where I actually live though and my golf course stayed open.
playing at West Derby on Thurs and the forecast has changed for the better.