WW3 -All Russia / Ukraine stuff here please-

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I wouldn’t necessarily disagree that they could do more, I was responding to the inference I drew than they’d done nothing. They’ve made a start and I’d hope they do more.

We need to get tough with Putin and Abramovich is one of his muckers.

Take Chelsea off him I say, disband the club and divvy the players up to other PL clubs for free I say. Chilwell, Mount and Broja for us would do.

Top statesman me.;)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Take Chelsea off him I say, disband the club and divvy the players up to other PL clubs for free I say. Chilwell, Mount and Broja for us would do.

Top statesman me.;)

Sounds a very fair deal to me

Not too gready either

Swango1980

Visit site

Top statesman me.;)
I heard that the UK have voted to seize all of Abramovich's assets, except Lukaku :)

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not sure if this should be in this thread or Random Irritations, but here goes:

Really makes me annoyed with all the virtue signalling by 'celebs' making comments about the Ukraine situation but obviously making it about them. For example, Paddy McGuinness couldn't sleep worrying, Nicola Adams is extra worried as she is due to become a parent soon and Holly Willoughby is worried about how she will tell her kids what is happening. FGS!!!!

Ser Shankalot

Visit site
Putin can turn off the gas whenever he wants , China will buy from him

People think the cost of living is up now

Maybe in the longer term, but there isn't enough pipeline capacity to shift that much gas to China in the short term. Also the national mechanisms of payment that China and Russia have developed aren't anywhere near as large as SWIFT. It would definitely hurt Russia across their entire economy, but depends if Germany/Italy and others want to bear the pain as well.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not sure if this should be in this thread or Random Irritations, but here goes:

Really makes me annoyed with all the virtue signalling by 'celebs' making comments about the Ukraine situation but obviously making it about them. For example, Paddy McGuinness couldn't sleep worrying, Nicola Adams is extra worried as she is due to become a parent soon and Holly Willoughby is worried about how she will tell her kids what is happening. FGS!!!!

Does it only matter if it's close to home then? What did people do when we went to the war on terror .. that's only just ended really....

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
So many people here taking all this lightly while playing for likes and failing to understand that the guy in the Kremlin is a nut who is more than likely making decisions while under the influence and has his sole finger on a nuclear button which can't be overturned as elsewhere in the world, should take note.

https://www.ready.gov/sites/default/files/2020-11/ready_nuclear-explosion_fact-sheet_0.pdf

Take it seriously and don't give me likes.
I remember how close we came to midnight in the Cuban missile crisis in 1962.

Swango1980

Visit site
So many people here taking all this lightly while playing for likes and failing to understand that the guy in the Kremlin is a nut who is more than likely making decisions while under the influence and has his sole finger on a nuclear button which can't be overturned as elsewhere in the world, should take note.

https://www.ready.gov/sites/default/files/2020-11/ready_nuclear-explosion_fact-sheet_0.pdf

I don't think ANYONE is taking this lightly. What are you expecting us to do. Arm up and go to Ukraine? I think most of us seem supportive in the west taking as severe an approach as they can on Russia.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
So many people here taking all this lightly while playing for likes and failing to understand that the guy in the Kremlin is a nut who is more than likely making decisions while under the influence and has his sole finger on a nuclear button.

I've got two options.
Sit here and worry myself poopless over it, or laugh about it.
Neither will make it go away but I'd rather go out with a smile on my face than ? my pants.
Plus, I don't need any more worry lines.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had a lie in this morning, so Missis T said that the “ SWIFT “ money system. (I honestly don’t know what it is), but she said “a couple of countries are loathe to stop the Russians from using it at the moment”. But Ave not see out on the box, would all countries need to agree to this for it to happen.

Yes, they also removed Iran from it when sanctions were implemented and it crippled them economically as its the main system for moving money around the world. It would hurt Russia, but it was also hurt companies/countries receiving money from those Russia entities who do not have sanctions imposed against them.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site

So, what exactly are you doing about it?

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
just watching the news conference from the Russian ministry of foreign affairs - i am not sure how the spokesperson can keep a straight face while answering