WW3 -All Russia / Ukraine stuff here please-

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So getting away from the 'C' word for a while...
Russia amassing ahige amount of troops on the Ukrainian border, with some bigs words being thrown around by the major players.
Ukraine isn't part of NATO, and Russia don't want it to be understandably. Could this be the next Cuban missile crisis? Worrying times ahead...:unsure:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
So getting away from the 'C' word for a while...
Russia amassing ahige amount of troops on the Ukrainian border, with some bigs words being thrown around by the major players.
Ukraine isn't part of NATO, and Russia don't want it to be understandably. Could this be the next Cuban missile crisis? Worrying times ahead...:unsure:
Maybe this is the Great Reset everybody's on about...
fire-smoke-bomb-boom-flames-explosion-portable-network-graphics-11562982797bp8ruwiglf.png

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Russia will do what they want, nobody can stop them. The West will grumble and have meetings, but do nothing about it.

The people of the Ukraine will suffer. Some of them will leave and seek refuge in this country and the usual suspects will complain about it.

It’s a ? storm, but WW3? Nope.

D

Deleted member 31582

Russia will do what they want, nobody can stop them. The West will grumble and have meetings, but do nothing about it.

The people of the Ukraine will suffer. Some of them will leave and seek refuge in this country and the usual suspects will complain about it.

It’s a ? storm, but WW3? Nope.

That’s not the case, there’s already a lot of movement of various troops on the move from ‘the west’!

Extra US troops have already been sent into nearby Eastern European countries as they won’t go into the Ukraine, so they can deploy and react quickly if Russia makes a move!

I can understand why Russia wouldn’t want the Ukraine to become a NATO member, and see western ships and troops based so close to them, but how far will Russia go to stop that happening?

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
OK, let me start by admitting I don't know much about this, and there are presumably a number of issues involved. However...

If the core problem is that Russia doesn't want Ukraine to join NATO, I frankly agree with them.
For NATO to think about Ukraine joining is just irresponsible. Talk about poking a bear with a stick. What do they expect?

(Of course that doesn't make it OK to invade, though. Just thought I should make that clear in case anyone thinks I might believe otherwise).

D

Deleted member 31582

I think Putin is more than prepared to show his cards, with over 100 thousand troops spread all around the border, but, US troops are already bolstering inside Poland & Romania in readiness, with a lot more transportation & movements currently going on right across Europe towards those neighboring borders.

This is looking a lot more than a flexing of the muscles or posturing, this could get very very serious.

46EE30EE-03ED-49F0-BD98-3D9E2E1B647D.jpeg

D

Deleted member 31582

Seemingly if Russia invade the UK is going to hit them with massive sanctions.
Deluded or what:mad:

Putin will obviously be aware of this, plus all the financials where all assets and monies here in the UK, and possibly across Europe and the US, which are considerable, would be frozen.

It’s a serious game of poker being played that’s for sure.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Does Putin see NATO as a real threat? Who in their right minds would want to invade Russia anyway.

If Russia invade, there is little NATO will do apart from humanitarian help, and if there is fisticuffs, Putin will turn off the gas pipe and we are all screwed

D

Deleted member 23270

Pile thousands of allied troops on the Finland border and threaten to invade St Petersburg if Russia invades the Ukraine ?

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There was an interesting opinion i read on another site that the Chinese are putting pressure on Putin to do this to deflect attention from them so they can quietly take back Taiwan

D

Deleted member 23270

Does Putin see NATO as a real threat? Who in their right minds would want to invade Russia anyway.

If Russia invade, there is little NATO will do apart from humanitarian help, and if there is fisticuffs, Putin will turn off the gas pipe and we are all screwed
If he turns off the gas pipe that's a massive dent to his economy.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

As things stand Russia doesn’t have that many borders with NATO. Invade the Ukraine and it then borders Romania, Hungary and Poland all members of NATO.

Simple answer for both sides is for Ukraine not to join NATO = it acts as a buffer between Russia and NATO.

D

Deleted member 31582

As things stand Russia doesn’t have that many borders with NATO. Invade the Ukraine and it then borders Romania, Hungary and Poland all members of NATO.

Simple answer for both sides is for Ukraine not to join NATO = it acts as a buffer between Russia and NATO.

And if a deal is struck to that end, we’ll never get to know all the details, just that the Ukraine held the trump card and played Russia and NATO against each other, to the Ukraines advantage.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Pile thousands of allied troops on the Finland border and threaten to invade St Petersburg if Russia invades the Ukraine ?

Finland are not in NATO. In fact there is a term which explains the whole issue in Ukraine. “Finlandization”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finlandization

This little animation is very good at explaining why Finland are not in NATO…

Odd country Ukraine, a lot of the people that live there consider themselves more Russian than Ukrainian. Russia used this obviously to annex the Crimea, will they expand? My Ukrainian electrician reckons not but with a lot of confrontational language coming from the West, who knows.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 31582

That’s a good little animation, so I can see a similar treaty being reached, namely Ukrainianization, which benefits all concerned, No NATO in the Ukraine, no invasion, Ukraine stays independent with a signed agreement that it won’t allow forces to go through its country to invade Russia, which I eluded to earlier.