Would you wear a balaclava on the course?

EarCat

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have just received my Thinsulate balaclava in the post (£3 of Ebay, bargain), and was wondering whether it was worth looking like a hijacker to keep my lugs warm on the course, I have already decided that it definitely is, but was wondering if anyone else has/would do this?

cleanstrike

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have just received my Thinsulate balaclava in the post (£3 of Ebay, bargain), and was wondering whether it was worth looking like a hijacker to keep my lugs warm on the course, I have already decided that it definitely is, but was wondering if anyone else has/would do this?

All depends on whether you have a problem with other golfers pointing and sniggering or not I would have thought. :D

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site

Only if I knock over a post office on my way to the course :smirk:

Being honest, No I wouldn't. I wouldn't wear one full stop.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Full balaclava or eyes only? If eyes only, will look like a terrorist, if full face will look like Russ Abbot's "brook bond" character. But a face warmer and baseball hat style with ear warmers - I only wear them when Baltic, but looks better and keeps the face, head and ears warm.

woody69

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I wouldn't wear one whilst skiing let a lone on a golf course. If it is that cold that a simple hat and base layer / jumper / jacket wasn't sufficient I'm not sure I'd want to play!

If I saw someone wearing one I'd probably have a bit of chuckle to myself and think they were a bit of a bellend tbh :)

D

Deleted member 17920

Is that a good idea with your location :eek: