Would you walk off if you injured yourself?

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
A few years ago I was playing in a par comp. After 3 holes I could feel something not right in my shoulder. I foolishly kept going for a few more holes before giving up after 7. Then spent the next 6 weeks out with brachialgia.

When your body starts hurting it's telling you to stop. Don't ignore it.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'd have walked off. It's a bloody hobby. If anyone says anything different then they're wrong. Very.

Unless I had a good score going. Obviously.

Therein lies the problem! Was striking the ball nicely and going well, which no doubt subconsciously persuaded me to keep going.

Regretting it now, dosed up with ibuprofen gel and paracetamol, god knows what I’ll be like after a nights sleep.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Had to come off after doing my ankle on 13th hole and couldn't walk (that thing wot Rory did playing footie) Only other time I remember quitting through injury was some years earlier trying to play too soon after fractured spine and only lasted 4 holes

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
A while back I had a bad dose of vertigo lasting about 20 weeks. I was feeling a bit better and was picked for the big end of season vets comp with players from about 10 clubs in a team match. I only played 3 holes as the dizziness started as I tee'd off the 1st and i was being sick.

However, my 1 Stableford point was enough to carry our team over the line to victory

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Waked off playing the 3rd day in a row in Marbella last year. Body was broken, head was spinning and vision was blurred.

Kind of new it was time to go when I fell off the tee after an air shot.

All injuries self inflicted.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
You can end up doing more damage, I'd walked off, live to fight another day. Especially in your case I'd be very careful as you could end up hanging up your clubs if you really injure yourself. Speak to a doctor, see if there's anything he or she can do. As always I'd make sure you're warmed up pre-game/practice.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
playing in a match against the juniors and on the third hole i went to pick my ball out of the hole and my back went ,,,did i walk off? noooooo i couldnt walk ,pro came out with a buggy to takeme back to the clubhouse and then A&E

i did get hit on the big toe at the Cooden meet last year ,broken toe but carried and played the afternoon round before taking my shoe off and looking at a very very purple bruise ,yet another A&E visit

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I had to walk off at the soggy West Hill H4H day...
I'd developed tennis elbow in my right arm and, although it was easing, I had a particularly arm jarring shot that left me virtually unable to hold a putter.
No alternative.

D

Deleted member 1147

I once walked in after 9 when I re-injured my back getting the ball out of the hole on the 4th green.

I also walked in when I got sand under my contact lense and couldn;t see, as my eye had swollen from the aggrevation it caused.

I also walked in from a freindly knock in February when I started to throw up. I've since managed 36 holes vomit free golf :sick:

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’ve cut open my thumb but had a first aid kit in the bag so was able to carry on.

Also played once where I was not well and had to walk back in.

Got to do as the situation demands, no point playing on it it’s going to rule you out for the rest of the season.