Would you play a Trump course?

TamG123

Medal Winner
Visit site
I can't stand the orange faced baboon, but the course at Aberdeen, from what I have read from Golf Monthly reviews etc it sounds like a fantastic course and I'd want to play it. If you base it purely on the golf experience and ignore the fact it's a Trump course then why wouldn't you?
What would hurt him is to boycott his course and promote other great courses in the area such as Royal Aberdeen, Cruden Bay & Murcar. BUT unfortunately, Trump Intl will always get golfers playing - think of the amount of golf tourists from America, Japan, China etc who come over and will play several courses in a week. There will be some Americans who are Pro Trump and will play his course at any cost....
Just a thought......

D

Deleted member 1418

Would have no problem playing a Trump course, either in the UK or abroad. At the end of the day, he owns them but my money to play them and whatever else I pay out is going towards paying the wages of those that work there.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I caddied for a group of Yanks last summer and i asked if they were going to Trump Aberdeen as part of their trip.. all said they wouldn't set foot on anything to do with that man.

They had just played Castle Stuart and Dornoch and were heading to Royal Aberdeen, before going down to St Andrews and East Lothian.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
I wonder how many who say they wouldn't play a Trump course wouldn't visit the USA whilst he is president for the same reasons.

Funnily enough I'd play his courses but am having a serious think about whether I want to visit USA in its current situation. Definitely not going this year....

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wonder how many who say they wouldn't play a Trump course wouldn't visit the USA whilst he is president for the same reasons.

I'd be quite happy to visit America as thankfully Trump and America are NOT one and the same thing - Trump only thinks they are in his oddly warped narcissistic mind.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The folks of Scotland have gained from the investment, i would not allow my thoughts on the remit owner to be at the staffs' expense.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
The folks of Scotland have gained from the investment, i would not allow my thoughts on the remit owner to be at the staffs' expense.

Exactly, if everyone carried out such negative actions just because of an owner then redundancies and even closure could ensue, how clever would that then be for the local employment both directly and indirectly.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Originally Posted by CliveW said:

I'd be quite happy to visit America as thankfully Trump and America are NOT one and the same thing - Trump only thinks they are in his oddly warped narcissistic mind.

Yeah, but what about the USA? I hear Brazil is nice.

Okay Trump started it, you are off the hook :)

#USAisnotAmerica