Would you of said owt.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Played today and it was the worst I have played over the winter. Came off the course and was not happy.
PP buys the first drinks in the 19th and am chillin. My turn for the next round and I got to the bar seconds after three women ramblers in there sixties. A pot of tea for five and four toasted tea cakes, a woman said. After a couple of mins the tea is passed over.
first woman says " can I pay for a cup of tea as am not having a tea cake". When she has been served, Second woman says " can I pay for a cup of tea and a tea cake". Two other women turned up at the same time PP turns up and asks if am ok. Third says " can I pay for a cup of tea and tea cake", PP looks at me astounded. Fourth one says can I pay for a cup of tea and a tea cake. She pays and finally Fifth person says " How much do I owe for a tea and teacake". PP says ave gotta go and sit down. At this point, barman then served me, gets first two pints poured and the tea cakes came outta the kitchen. He smiled and said sorry I better take these to there table. By this time I had lost the will to live.
When he got back he says " they did exactly the same last week". Woman who asked how much for tea and teacake, asked exactly the same question last week.
how comes they could not give the money to one person to pay. 10 mins to order and pay for tea and flippin teacakes.
by this point I swear I had lost the will to live.
Thing is do I say summat if it happens again.

D

Deleted member 15344

So what's the issue ?

The ladies all wanted to order and pay seperately?

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sounds as bad as when I am waiting at the bar to order my half of bitter when bloke getting served starts buying drinks for ones who have only just come in.

By the way and totally irrelevant but I bet there was more profit from the tea and teacakes than from your 2 pints.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played today and it was the worst I have played over the winter. Came off the course and was not happy.
PP buys the first drinks in the 19th and am chillin. My turn for the next round and I got to the bar seconds after three women ramblers in there sixties. A pot of tea for five and four toasted tea cakes, a woman said. After a couple of mins the tea is passed over.
first woman says " can I pay for a cup of tea as am not having a tea cake". When she has been served, Second woman says " can I pay for a cup of tea and a tea cake". Two other women turned up at the same time PP turns up and asks if am ok. Third says " can I pay for a cup of tea and tea cake", PP looks at me astounded. Fourth one says can I pay for a cup of tea and a tea cake. She pays and finally Fifth person says " How much do I owe for a tea and teacake". PP says ave gotta go and sit down. At this point, barman then served me, gets first two pints poured and the tea cakes came outta the kitchen. He smiled and said sorry I better take these to there table. By this time I had lost the will to live.
When he got back he says " they did exactly the same last week". Woman who asked how much for tea and teacake, asked exactly the same question last week.
how comes they could not give the money to one person to pay. 10 mins to order and pay for tea and flippin teacakes.
by this point I swear I had lost the will to live.
Thing is do I say summat if it happens again.

Of course you should say something and be quite strict about it too.

Take yourself into a quiet corner and have a word with yourself,tell yourself to get a grip and show some patience.
People are dying every day and some are the nicest people your ever likely to meet and there are some that just moan about life.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Sounds as bad as when I am waiting at the bar to order my half of bitter when bloke getting served starts buying drinks for ones who have only just come in.

By the way and totally irrelevant but I bet there was more profit from the tea and teacakes than from your 2 pints.

It was three and a half pints, when he came back he pulled the other pint and a half I was waiting for. But your probably right.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
can't believe this is the first time you have come across a gaggle of women paying individually!!!

try going in a bar in Inversneck behind a 20 strong group of them:rofl:

Tashyboy

Visit site
Of course you should say something and be quite strict about it too.

Take yourself into a quiet corner and have a word with yourself,tell yourself to get a grip and show some patience.
People are dying every day and some are the nicest people your ever likely to meet and there are some that just moan about life.

I might well do that, but it's not a discussion about dying but I can start a thread about that if you want. Don't think I have ever seen anyone before order drinks for five and then everyone pay seperate. Even the barman was bogged off, again.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Have witnessed this plenty of times.

Women live in a different world when it comes to paying for things

Just got to laugh about it especially when it is for less than a pound each :)

D

Deleted member 16999

Tell the barman to make a sign:

Tea - £1.00
Teacake - £1.00
Tea & Teacake - £2.50

Then see if they order them seperate :rofl:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Old women don't seem to do rounds in the same way men or younger women do. You just have to smile and keep calm. No point getting stressed, it won't make them move any quicker.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Tell the barman to make a sign:

Tea - £1.00
Teacake - £1.00
Tea & Teacake - £2.50

Then see if they order them seperate :rofl:

I can see the funny side, but I was worried I would miss a birthday waiting.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Almost as bad as a load of uni students coming in mob handed and spending an age deciding who should buy a drink, can't make up their mind and then ask, individually what can I have for £2.27, what strength is so and so and keeping every other customer waiting for at least fifteen minutes. Several were ready to make their feelings known in a rather abrupt way but as I was next, I just smiled through gritted teeth and waited. Apparently happens every week (which begs the question why don't the staff sort it a source)