Would this range drill work???

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Following my recent post (Irons - Ball flight too high) Im thinking of drills I can perform at the range to improve. Now I think the main problem I have is hiting the floor before the ball, so Would this drill work? - Basicly put a tee say an inch behind the ball and practice striking the ball without moving the tee. Now ive seen this performed the opposite way around but not like this.

If it will work is there anything I could add to make it better or would the tee need to be closer to the ball?

Thanks

Scottjd1

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Do it with the tee infront of the ball and try and hit it along with the ball.

Another good one is as above but miss the ball and strike the tee (like taking a divot after the ball), really gives an exagerated feeling of holding the wrist set and building some lag. I think a combo of these would defo help ball striking, give it a go.....

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I think ill try all 3 and see what works out best, I was forced into this type of drill on the course the other day. I had a tree root about 2 inches behind my ball and in fear of damaging my new iron I thought right there is no room for error here by hitting the ground first and hit one of my best iron shots ever. The ball flew of the face with great flight, its just about changing my ball striking for good now.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
You shouldn't really put anything behind the ball as it can affect your takeaway if you are conscious of it. It can definitely make you come in too steep also (which you wouldn't be able to measure) Have a tee 4" in front and if you can take ball and tee then you're doing OK.