Worst Stableford score ever!

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Yesterday, although I wasn't hitting the ball too badly and was driving well, I managed my worst Stableford score ever at my present club; 19 points. Basically nothing went right, bad bounces into bunkers and awful lies, too many putts, etc, etc. Today started off in a similar vein. I had only scored 3 points after 5 holes, but then 27 off the remaining 13 holes for a total 30 points without obviously changing anything. Golf is a strange game sometimes! :rolleyes:

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
19 is no where near the worst I've seen. Didn't one of the guys a HFH a few years ago score 1 point? I've seen a 6 pointer, and quite a few 9s.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Don't think ive ever scored less than 25.
But I didn't play Stableford in my 1st year or so of playing.

Farmergeddon

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Worst I have seen was a guy who had only been playing a year never played a links course before and we were at Seaton Carew playing in a screaming southwesterly, that means we were into the wind or across right to left all the way out.. He was off 28 and had 8 points BUT he had lost 9 balls..

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Love all the 'seen' tags!

I'll admit it, at some point I will have scored less than 19 points in a club comp. Don't remember it but I would bet it happened...so what?
I've also returned over 100 in a medal.

Both above will have been off single figure handicaps.

I have bad days 😂

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
24 I think from memory in a competition. That was flat out too and trying on every shot

At a former club I once only scored 11 points in a competition on a day when I was shanking everything. Even that score was down to good chipping and putting if I managed to get close enough to the greens without losing a ball or going OOB! :(

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Some people will never admit. I had 18 once and 19 twice. Many times in the low/mid 20's. Find it hard to believe that lower scores are even possible. I have never payed with anyone who scored lower that 18. A guy walked of after 9 holes once haven scored 6 points in the front 9.

I have read this same thread subject a few times (other forums - have a look) and on there people have claimed seeing someone with 0 points after 18. Many claims in the low single figures alongside this one. I can't fathom how it is possible, but I suppose anything is. Can you ever see 0 points?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
In '97 I won Captain's Day with a high 30s/low 40s score ( can't recall exactly) on the Saturday.
Sunday roll up next day - 18 points with no lost balls or penalties...

Maybe I just didn't care😁

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had 17 points at the Montgomerie in Belek earlier this year. Probably something to do with drinking until 3 am and having about 3 hours sleep. It was worth it though.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I hit 21 points today.. 5 temp greens in a row didn't help and when we finally got a real green they were lightening in comparrasion

D

Deleted Member 1156

19 is no where near the worst I've seen. Didn't one of the guys a HFH a few years ago score 1 point? I've seen a 6 pointer, and quite a few 9s.

Yeah at Blackmoor and I was in the group behind. 5hrs of my life I'll never get back!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I had 16 points in a captain's day a few years ago. Perfect conditions but the course was tough and I fell apart. I don't know why I handed the card in to be honest. The bloke I gave it to did a double take. I was ashamed 😢.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
On one of our society trips to the Algarve a few years ago, one of our number had 3 points at Penina. Our paths crossed about 12 holes in and he said "not having a good day". It turns out his 3 points included a 2 pointer on the 18th. So a decent finish always brings you back for more ;-)

Personal record is an 18 and a couple of 19's :-(

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Played nine holes in the morning and 18 in the afternoon at skeggy links. Shot five points in the nine holer. I was slicing everything. It was painful to play. Only consolation was someone shot four points.

JohnF

Club Champion
Visit site
Worse I've scored is 17 :mmm: weather was horrible, golf not much better. But worse I've seen was this year in September at charity day. One of our group had 0 pts, on the 1st (our 10th) his tee shot hit the camera girl on the arm:eek: he walked off 2 holes later. The camera girl was ok but some bruise on her arm.