Worst Stableford score ever!

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah at Blackmoor and I was in the group behind. 5hrs of my life I'll never get back!

Good to see you understand what charity days like that are all about.... :rolleyes:

I had 16/17 at southerness first time I played it! Absolute shocker :rofl:

Don't have many stableford comps at mine, had a 90 in a medal this year though. Steady golf.

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
19 points at Vila Sol in the Algarve Portugal
, Guy I shared the buggy did not help , Shot level par 73 gross around the old course 2 days later in a comp .........................EYG

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Said it before, I've had a 9 point total for 18 holes

First time playing there and three off nearly every tee, to say it was a tight course is understating things a tad (just made the 40 points I scored there a year later all the more satisfying)
Many changes to the course recently means its unlikely to ever be that difficult again

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
My worst so far was 8 points in a nine-hole comp. It really hurt, though. I was playing off 54 at the time. I still think I would have scored better if I had just putted the ball off the tee.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Good to see you understand what charity days like that are all about.... :rolleyes:

It's got nothing to do with charity days and more to do with common sense. Every time I walked to a tee the guy was hitting a provisional. Aiming straight down the middle every time then hitting a massive slice. I just wanted to say to him "Aim left" :rolleyes:

Why don't you put a bid in for the H4H 2 ball at Broadstone that I'm hosting out of my own pocket?

Last edited by a moderator:

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Only played in one stableford before so my worst is 40 points. Stablefords are only played on Tuesdays at my place and I work so never get a chance to play in them.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Only played in one stableford before so my worst is 40 points. Stablefords are only played on Tuesdays at my place and I work so never get a chance to play in them.

I would quit while you are ahead! :rofl:

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's got nothing to do with charity days and more to do with common sense. Every time I walked to a tee the guy was hitting a provisional. Aiming straight down the middle every time then hitting a massive slice. I just wanted to say to him "Aim left" :rolleyes:

Why don't you put a bid in for the H4H 2 ball at Broadstone that I'm hosting out of my own pocket?

Fair enough, on days like that I don't really care if someone is playing like that tbh but everyone's different. No guarantee I won't be hunting for balls all over Camberley Heath the way I'm playing at the moment :rofl:

I may well do so (been thinking about it) as there are a few courses down that neck of the woods I fancy playing, just trying to work out if I've enough time next year as already a few trips planned, plus I also need to arrange the game I'm hosting out of my pocket :thup:

D

Deleted Member 1156

Fair enough, on days like that I don't really care if someone is playing like that tbh but everyone's different. No guarantee I won't be hunting for balls all over Camberley Heath the way I'm playing at the moment :rofl:

I may well do so (been thinking about it) as there are a few courses down that neck of the woods I fancy playing, just trying to work out if I've enough time next year as already a few trips planned, plus I also need to arrange the game I'm hosting out of my pocket :thup:

You'll be fine at Camberley, it's a wide open field ;)

Have a word with Smiffy, I arranged for him to come down for his 60th earlier this year and he played Broadstone, Parkstone and Ferndown. We have some great courses down here :thup:

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I reckon you're all in denial...(apart from one or two who are admitting to low scores.

I got 18 last weekend, and once got a certificate for the swindle's record low score (which I had to share) - 15 points. The record has since been beaten but thankfully not by me.

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I thought I might be in line for a new personal worst Stableford score in our Seniors Comp yesterday, when I only scored 9 points for the first 9 holes, but rallied with 16 points for the back nine! :)

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
19pts for me, earlier this Year. The nice thing was the next day when the scores went out on our website our pro who I was having lessons with to fix the old shermans with dropped me a text and then offered a free lesson as what we had been working on previously was obviously not working!

At the time I hated golf and could not see the way out of the rut, but thankfully things improved and now enjoying my golf again. Silly game! I think you have to go through the tough times to appreciate the good days.