Worn out heel in Golf Shoes

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Unlike some of the Imelda Marcos's within the forum walls, I only possess three pairs of golf shoes, two pair of which the cloth on the inner heel is worn away and is starting to rub on my heel during a round. The shoes are perfectly good otherwise.

Both pairs of shoes are footjoy, one pair DNA the other Hyperflex, both were fit and are the correct size.

The wear is just due to age rather than bad fit, as I tend to wear the same shoe for every round.

Has anyone got any good remedies for repairing the inner heel to stop them rubbing?

D

Deleted member 16999

Unlike some of the Imelda Marcos's within the forum walls, I only possess three pairs of golf shoes, two pair of which the cloth on the inner heel is worn away and is starting to rub on my heel during a round. The shoes are perfectly good otherwise.

Both pairs of shoes are footjoy, one pair DNA the other Hyperflex, both were fit and are the correct size.

The wear is just due to age rather than bad fit, as I tend to wear the same shoe for every round.

Has anyone got any good remedies for repairing the inner heel to stop them rubbing?
Adidas did have an issue with this, happened on mine after warranty ran out, took them to a local cobbler who hand stitched a piece of suede in each heel for the princely sum of £4.00 per shoe.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I think it's a general issue with cloth heels. It's an issue I've never had when they used leather for the heels but we seem to be moving to synthetic everything for shoes and this equates to the material around the shoe opening.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I got an old pair of leather gloves and cut some out and just glued them in the heels
Make a template out of cardboard and cut some linings , I used araldite worked a treat.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
I was told the sizing was wrong when I killed my Puma ignites off that way, but then my NIKES have done the same and they fit me lovely.
are they like trainers a certain amount of wear time for the bin?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Adidas did have an issue with this, happened on mine after warranty ran out, took them to a local cobbler who hand stitched a piece of suede in each heel for the princely sum of £4.00 per shoe.

Sadly, the reason why I no longer buy adidas

Adidas have changed the heel material to leather in their latest shoes.

My Adidas Gripmores have done about half a dozen rounds + been worn for about the last 60 days, and they're in bits. Bizarrely, my other pair of Gripmores have been worn for about 20 rounds and are still like new...

My FJ SQL's are still like new too.

Radbourne2010

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mmksolutions.co.uk
Has happened on my last three pairs of lightweight Adidas shoes from American Golf. I take them back each spring, show them the worn heels. They send them back to Adidas who replace them with a brand new pair. Customer service at its best.