Recommend me golf shoes that don’t fall to bits!

bighairydel

Visit site
Doesn’t seem to matter what brand / type of shoes I get, I wear holes inside the heel and on the inside base next the heel within a month or two of owning them.

So far I’ve tried;
Nike (can’t remember what model) (Leather inside)
Adidas 360 XT spikeless (Leather inside)
Adidas 360 Fly knit
2 Pairs of Puma Ignites Caged (tried 2 different sizes thinking it was maybe a fit issue)

Doesn’t seem to make any odds whether they’re leather or not, thought it was maybe a fit issue but this only happens on my golf shoes, my normal shoes / trainers are fine!

bighairydel

Visit site
Yeah all in the same place it’s clearly my wonky feet but just seeing if others have a found a pair that’ll last and still be comfy!

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If they all split in the same area have you thought about a wider shoe or even seeing a pro? I used to wear gloves out in a specific area and it highlighted a fault in the swing mechanics

bighairydel

Visit site
My spikeless Adidas were a wide fit, usually the toe box that’s wider though, if anything I think I need a narrower heel area as it’s the movement/rubbing that’s putting the holes in

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
If there is one item of golf apparel where the phrase “You get what you pay for” is true, then it’s shoes. If you want golf shoes which last then you need to pay a premium.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If there is one item of golf apparel where the phrase “You get what you pay for” is true, then it’s shoes. If you want golf shoes which last then you need to pay a premium.

Or, buy last years model.
The worst shoes I have ever had were £190 Ecco goretex. Uncomfortable and leaked within a few rounds. Good customer service as I got my money back.

bighairydel

Visit site
I’m not a big fatty! ?
It only happens in my golf shoes, no others.
Never tried Ecco’s, will give them a go!
I paid £159 for my Adidas so no stranger to paying a bit for quality. Just hope they last longer!

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Don’t rate Adidas - never have.

I do get the fact that price doesn’t always equate to quality, as I’ve paid good money for various FJ shoes and have always found them shocking. But the customer service when they do fail is invariably good.

But, FJ aside, the general principle applies in my experience. I have rarely paid less than £100 for golf shoes and had them last a year.

HairyBullet

Visit site
Another vote for Ecco, very well made and very comfortable and have a wide fitting.
I tried the ones with the cage on the heel once and found them not so comfortable.

hacker_al

Club Champion
Visit site
I had a similar issue to you and tried Skechers based on a friends recommendation. Despite the inner of the heel being made of material they have been great, had them almost two years and no sign of wear in the heel area.

You need to look for "heel lock" in the description (which seems to be the dearer models).

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Doesn’t seem to matter what brand / type of shoes I get, I wear holes inside the heel and on the inside base next the heel within a month or two of owning them.

So far I’ve tried;
Nike (can’t remember what model) (Leather inside)
Adidas 360 XT spikeless (Leather inside)
Adidas 360 Fly knit
2 Pairs of Puma Ignites Caged (tried 2 different sizes thinking it was maybe a fit issue)

Doesn’t seem to make any odds whether they’re leather or not, thought it was maybe a fit issue but this only happens on my golf shoes, my normal shoes / trainers are fine!

Nike Lunar, if you can find them now. Amazing shoes. I've got a pair that are still all together after three years. That's THREE YEARS !!!! (Apart from inside the back heel of one but I'm going to have this fixed).

Golfnut1957

Visit site
b14ad1ae973b8eb62d4ac24030069d12.jpg

Try these, I doubt you'll get any wear anytime soon(y)

peld

Visit site
interestingly - is it a thing in golf shoes for the inner heal to wear out? happened on a few of mine and seems to be common from the above. have to patch up with those stick in cushion pads.