World Handicap System

copperdog

Visit site
We play local clubs in a 4 ball better ball matchplay. We set the handicap by taking 90% of the difference from the lowest handicap. With WHS do we still do this or take the handicap allocated after applying the Mandatory Allowance Table and make no further adjustments.

Swango1980

Visit site
We play local clubs in a 4 ball better ball matchplay. We set the handicap by taking 90% of the difference from the lowest handicap. With WHS do we still do this or take the handicap allocated after applying the Mandatory Allowance Table and make no further adjustments.
Under WHS, work out the playing handicap for all 4 players first (i.e. 90% of CH). Once you have all 4 Playing handicaps, then you take the full differences from the lowest player.

It is true that this is different to what people are used to, as we used to work out the differences from the lowest golfer and THEN multiply these by 90%

copperdog

Visit site
Under WHS, work out the playing handicap for all 4 players first (i.e. 90% of CH). Once you have all 4 Playing handicaps, then you take the full differences from the lowest player.

It is true that this is different to what people are used to, as we used to work out the differences from the lowest golfer and THEN multiply these by 90%
Thanks - that is what I thought and it is reassuring to get a confirmation.