World Handicap System

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Scottish Golf App appears to be superior to the English version
when you select GP score it warns that the round must be completed and score entered within a certain time and at the end requires name and phone number of your marker - presumably post Covid rules it will require a signature (as competition scoring will).

That is exactly how the MyEG app has been working for our Winter Alliance players as I mentioned in post#477. Players had not previously used it but they soon got the hang of it.

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
You have to pre register the round, how your club HC committee want you to do this is up to your club. Some clubs are happy if you just inform the pro shop at the playing club, some prefer you to inform the home club as well as the playing club, I prefer this option as I (or others) as HC Sec need to insure the next day that the rounds were pre registered and if not scores can be deleted.

Scores submitted via the EG app must be verified and the verification method is built into the app but remember pre registration as well as verification is required.

Are you saying that the EG app does not require you to pre-register a general play round? I would find that remarkable.

bunkerblaster

Visit site
Played Tavistock 27 April, used the app to SUBMIT my round after pre registration with the my club.

Are you implying that your HC committee do not require you to pre register a casual round.

Not implying anything, just trying to understand why EG publish an inaccurate article, or the journalist did not understand what was being explained. But again more confusion being allowed to be sown by EG. Gemma Hunter needs to come onto this forum

Swango1980

Visit site
Played Tavistock 27 April, used the app to SUBMIT my round after pre registration with the my club.

Are you implying that your HC committee do not require you to pre register a casual round.
Can you not pre-register using MyEG, like you can at your home club using howdidido? I assumes setting up the round on MyEG was your pre-registration?

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can you not pre-register using MyEG, like you can at your home club using howdidido? I assumes setting up the round on MyEG was your pre-registration?

We have to physically pre register before the round by informing our shop and your name goes in the book, makes it easy to check that people have completed and entered the round, also caters for the non IT members.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
But an Alliance would be an organised competition between clubs and the handicap secretary of the host club would have input into the scoring system as verification? The Alliance would not be a casual round.

Some clubs were willing to provide a PSI facility, others were more protective of their members, not wanting a large number of non-members using the terminals. When no PSI facilities were on offer, players were instructed to pre=register their round to be played at the venue, identify a verifier and input scores on the App. The verifier had to respond to verify the score entered. All perfectly above board. I am talking about 160 players from 21 different clubs and all agreed with The County Secretary

Last edited:

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Some clubs were willing to provide a PSI facility, others were more protective of their members, not wanting a large number of non-members using the terminals. When no PSI facilities were on offer, players were instructed to pre=register their round to be played at the venue, identify a verifier and input scores on the App. The verifier had to respond to verify the score entered.

Even supplying a PSI facility would still require the host club to input all those who are playing, not sure I know many clubs who would take time out to add 30-40 players into the system and set up an open comp for them but as I posted I don’t think you find that alliances come under the affiliation rules and cannot set up “official“ comps.

bunkerblaster

Visit site
Some clubs were willing to provide a PSI facility, others were more protective of their members, not wanting a large number of non-members using the terminals. When no PSI facilities were on offer, players were instructed to pre=register their round to be played at the venue, identify a verifier and input scores on the App. The verifier had to respond to verify the score entered. All perfectly above board.

And what further checks were made by the away players home clubs to verify the verified scores of their players?

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
What happens if you don’t bother entering it, who knows, that action is the same as an NR.
I don't know as it would never cross my mind not to but i'd hope within the EG app software it would register that a score hadn't been entered and appropriate action was taken, either by EG or by contacted my club

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site

I think we all know there’s an app to deal with score input. I presume that you have all waded through the 160 odd pages dealing with WHS issued by the R&A and EG.

Our club have a procedure for casual rounds, our members have not objected to it our questioned it, it’s just for our members, I presume everyone else’s club has set out their procedures and individual comply and are happy with them.

Not sure what the issue is really.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think we all know there’s an app to deal with score input. I presume that you have all waded through the 160 odd pages dealing with WHS issued by the R&A and EG.

Our club have a procedure for casual rounds, our members have not objected to it our questioned it, it’s just for our members, I presume everyone else’s club has set out their procedures and individual comply and are happy with them.

Not sure what the issue is really.
No I haven't but that article I linked to from England Golf states I can now use their app to pre register a casual round and it will count for handicapping so once my back it better I fully intend to do so ??