World Handicap System (WHS)

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have gone to do a scorecard on the app this afternoon, was about to submit it but I have put the wrong course down, is there any way of changing it to the right course.

Cheers

Best way out of this if you haven’t submitted this is to not do anything more on the app and ask your HC Sec to submit as a casual round.

For quite a few, the EG app needs some careful instructio which is why I suggest our members use the PSI for casual rounds completed at the home course or the ISV app and use the EG app when at an away course.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks but call me thick I’m still confused ?. My HI is 16.6 and my course H/C is 17 , I assumed you just looked at the sheet in the clubhouse to find what your course H/C is and that’s what you play off.
As it's a new H/cap system operating in a different way it's no good assuming anything...... at least you are trying to get your head around it whilst many, including some stick-in-the-mud, H/cap Secs who are simply moaning on & on about it & some even against implementing the requirements.

D

Deleted member 16999

So is it down to me to work the 95% of my course h/c before I play?
Our place has 2 charts on the wall by the first tee, first one gives you your course h/c from your handicap index for what tee you’re playing off, the 2nd lists what 95% of course h/c for single strokeplay comps is and what 85% of course h/c is for 4BBB comps is.

Takes 5 seconds and is very helpful, might be worth suggesting the 2nd list to your Club if they don’t have one.

I believe every Club has the first chart.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks but call me thick I’m still confused ?. My HI is 16.6 and my course H/C is 17 , I assumed you just looked at the sheet in the clubhouse to find what your course H/C is and that’s what you play off.
You play off your Course Handicap for handicapping purposes but your Playing Handicap (95% of your Course Handicap) for competition results.
As HDID is about competitions it will show 16 but your EHD portal will show 17 as it is about handicapping. I guess other ISVs do the same as HDID.
The sheet in the clubhouse will be from HDID (or your ISV system). The Course Handicap is the figure that you put on your card.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Our place has 2 charts on the wall by the first tee, first one gives you your course h/c from your handicap index for what tee you’re playing off, the 2nd lists what 95% of course h/c for single strokeplay comps is and what 85% of course h/c is for 4BBB comps is.

Takes 5 seconds and is very helpful, might be worth suggesting the 2nd list to your Club if they don’t have one.

That 2nd list is a good idea ?

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

So if two 17 h/cs roll up to play in a medal one looks at his course h/c and puts 17 on his card and the other one works out the 95% and puts his h/c down as 16
You play off your Course Handicap for handicapping purposes but your Playing Handicap (95% of your Course Handicap) for competition results.
As HDID is about competitions it will show 16 but your EHD portal will show 17 as it is about handicapping. I guess other ISVs do the same as HDID.
The sheet in the clubhouse will be from HDID (or your ISV system). The Course Handicap is the figure that you put on your card.

So to follow on if a player has no knowledge of the 95% calculation he will not know his correct net score until the results are published.

Swango1980

Visit site
So if two 17 h/cs roll up to play in a medal one looks at his course h/c and puts 17 on his card and the other one works out the 95% and puts his h/c down as 16

So to follow on if a player has no knowledge of the 95% calculation he will not know his correct net score until the results are published.
The Rules of Golf require the Course Handicap to be on the card. There is no requirement to have Playing Handicap on it.

If you ONLY put Playing Handicap on card, you risk DQ. I say risk, it all depends if competition secretary decides you have NOT put course handicap on card, or they have been lenient and assumed your Playing Handicap was meant to be your Course Handicap. However, if they do that, they'd need to reduce your course handicap to playing handicap on system, thus you would lose an extra shot to get an even lower playing handicap.

Simple :)

D

Deleted member 16999

Depends on the Card at the Club I suppose, we plan to have boxes with CH and PH on them, just like we have Handicap and Strokes Received boxes on our current (old) cards which we are using until they run out.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site

The score entry apps and PSIs tell him.

D

Deleted member 16999

It all seems a confused mess to me, think I’ll just put my course h/c on card and forget about the rest.
If you’re playing 4BBB it can be very useful to know which holes you and your partner are getting or losing shots at.

I’ll photograph the 2nd table at our Club tomorrow and post it so people can save it as a quick look up.(y)

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The score entry apps and PSIs tell him.

At our club we have 2 sheets in clubhouse one Course Index one Course Handicap it seemed simple just look at the the Course Handicap to see what you play off.

Now that results have been published most players are wondering why their h/cs have been decreased by one shot

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

That is so simple and helpful. It also highlights to players that the 95% and 85% reductions exist. Fair play to your club ?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
At our club we have 2 sheets in clubhouse one Course Index one Course Handicap it seemed simple just look at the the Course Handicap to see what you play off.

Now that results have been published most players are wondering why their h/cs have been decreased by one shot
Simple. They haven't bothered to read the information the club has given them. Or the club hasn't bothered to send it out.