World Handicap System (WHS)

Swango1980

Visit site
Cheers and to Bgwan also.
I suspected best score or 2 was the case.
Problem is best score was back in 2018 before he took time out and he has got quite a bit weaker since and 120 yard drives require a lot of shots to get round the course which he doesn't have at present.
Club refused a few cards he tried to submit from last season which would have helped due to lack of marker signature.
Presently finding it difficult to submit a general play card as he doesn't have a smartphone to use app and club have no pro or course manager on site.
No fun playing decent and scoring 25 points...
Does club not have a PSI terminal? The club should make best efforts to accommodate members. At our club, if players are not IT savy, and especially when PSI terminals had to be kept off due to Covid, I asked members to contact me via email, whatsapp, etc to pre register, and either send photo of card after or post in box. I will then process score as soon as I can.

Perhaps your club is just getting used to all the recent changes.

Once he starts handing in more scores, it should start becoming more reflective of his ability, as more scores will be used in the average, until it can use the best 8 from last 20 rounds

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm hoping one of our experts can help me on behalf of my Dad.
He has 6 scores on his handicap record (had a couple of seasons out before rejoining at 85!)
Course rating is 69.7 and slope is 134
He played on Friday and shot an adjusted 111 yet index went from 24.7 to 24.2.

His handicap is at least 10 shots too low, finished last in comp with 25 points and got handicap reduced....

Until he gets at least 16 scores on his handicap record his H.I. is likely to jump all over the place

Number of scores in record Handicap index calculation
Lowest 1
-2​
Lowest 1
-1​
Lowest 1
0​
Ave. of lowest 2
-1​
7 or 8
Ave. of lowest 2
0​
9 to 11
Ave. of lowest 3
0​
12 to14
Ave. of lowest 4
0​
15 or 16
Ave. of lowest 5
0​
17 or 18
Ave. of lowest 6
0​
Ave. of lowest 7
0​
20 or more
Ave. of lowest 8
0​

D

Deleted member 3432

Does club not have a PSI terminal? The club should make best efforts to accommodate members. At our club, if players are not IT savy, and especially when PSI terminals had to be kept off due to Covid, I asked members to contact me via email, whatsapp, etc to pre register, and either send photo of card after or post in box. I will then process score as soon as I can.

Perhaps your club is just getting used to all the recent changes.

Once he starts handing in more scores, it should start becoming more reflective of his ability, as more scores will be used in the average, until it can use the best 8 from last 20 rounds

Problem appears to be they are not using PSI terminal for general play scores which he does know how to use.

He is not IT literate so that rules out email, whatsapp etc and doesn't have a smart phone so he needs a very low tech solution. I'm going to get in touch with the comps secretary to see what they can come up with as he sent my dad a note mentioning all of stuff you have mentioned.

Personally I dont see why he cant drop a note in the scorecard box date and time on it saying he is putting a card in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have gone to do a scorecard on the app this afternoon, was about to submit it but I have put the wrong course down, is there any way of changing it to the right course.

Cheers

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Now I’m confused we played our first medal and looked at the sheet to see my h/c which was 17 when the results were published I was allocated 16 h/c.

Now I know there is a 95% calculation in there but what about putting and signing for a 17 h/c on my card when the results say I was 16 h/c??‍♂️

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have gone to do a scorecard on the app this afternoon, was about to submit it but I have put the wrong course down, is there any way of changing it to the right course.

Cheers
You may need to send it to your H/cap team to be sorted. We have a generic email for such WHS problems.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Now I’m confused we played our first medal and looked at the sheet to see my h/c which was 17 when the results were published I was allocated 16 h/c.

Now I know there is a 95% calculation in there but what about putting and signing for a 17 h/c on my card when the results say I was 16 h/c??‍♂️
You sign for your Course H/cap on which your H/cap record is based. It depends how the Results Sheet is set-up as to which H/cap shows for your Divisions etc. Your HI is your main H/cap measure

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
You sign for your Course H/cap on which your H/cap record is based. It depends how the Results Sheet is set-up as to which H/cap shows for your Divisions etc. Your HI is your main H/cap measure

Thanks but call me thick I’m still confused ?. My HI is 16.6 and my course H/C is 17 , I assumed you just looked at the sheet in the clubhouse to find what your course H/C is and that’s what you play off.