World Handicap System (WHS)

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ladies (red) courses were rated differently than Men’s (yellow blue) and their rating was similar to that of USA/Aus model.
The Ladies tees will have been rated under the USGA rating system. All courses in CONGU were rated using the USGA system at least 14 years ago EXCEPT for the EGU Men's courses which used the EGU SSS system

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
As it's a Congfu registered course, I'd challenge your suspicions!! Perhaps a 'communication issue' somewhere, but it's Congu's responsibility to 'tick the appropriate boxes' imo!
FWIW..https://www.randa.org/courseteeinfo?CourseID=20387&ClubCountry=0&ClubName=Seaford Head&ClubCity=&ClubCounty=0
On receipt of the multiple issues of the notifications from England Golf the onus was on the clubs to contact the county for suitable dates and time for rating. If the course owners didn't take it up is wasn't the job of the county to chase them. They would have had more that enough to deal with without the laggards.

D-S

Visit site
We had a few clubs which did not have certificates of measurement or had tees that were measured but plainly had not been in use for several years. We were unable to rate these courses until they were rectified by the management.

tobybarker

Visit site
Honestly, who benefits from the new system? If you submit enough cards anyway, your HCP is about right most of the time under the old system. The new system is still open to cheating as all cards are done in trust. Most of us never or seldom pay different courses.....I just never saw the need for the upheaval, to be honest f

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Honestly, who benefits from the new system? If you submit enough cards anyway, your HCP is about right most of the time under the old system. The new system is still open to cheating as all cards are done in trust. Most of us never or seldom pay different courses.....I just never saw the need for the upheaval, to be honest f

I see the benefit for a golfer who say went down quick and then gets to a handicap they can't play to anymore be it age , injury or just complete loss of form

They can go up faster than the old 0.1 a round .. would take forever to go up 3 shots or such

However that said much as I like the new system it does seem a big upheaval... You could have the app system on the old system surely? As in do your cards

I do like doing my cards from my society days at other course providing I'm playing with someone with a membership number which most of time I am so works well

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
On receipt of the multiple issues of the notifications from England Golf the onus was on the clubs to contact the county for suitable dates and time for rating. If the course owners didn't take it up is wasn't the job of the county to chase them. They would have had more that enough to deal with without the laggards.
You seem to be in defensive obfuscation mode! And it seems I need to repeat my initial comments - that it's the variety of events/styles
Your above 'explanation' would only be valid if, indeed, the course owners didn't take it up. Those that didn't will likely be getting some well justified 'stick' from their members!

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
You seem to be in defensive obfuscation mode! And it seems I need to repeat my initial comments - that it's the variety of events/styles
Your above 'explanation' would only be valid if, indeed, the course owners didn't take it up. Those that didn't will likely be getting some well justified 'stick' from their members!
The switch to USGA rating by EG for men's courses was purely a function of the merger between the EGU and the EWGA. It predated the R&A and USGA idea of a WHS by many years.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

So. Played today at my home club

Was reading on here at home just use intelligence golf

But my pp started on golf England so I followed

Worked fine for me

His it downloaded card but wouldn't start the round

So after a few goes we left it and put his card in via intelligent golf

When it came to signing mine it worked fine pinged up on his phone in seconds .. weird

Anyone know any fixes to the geolocation not finding course also? My mate has had it twice (different mate)

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
So. Played today at my home club

Was reading on here at home just use intelligence golf

But my pp started on golf England so I followed

Worked fine for me

His it downloaded card but wouldn't start the round

So after a few goes we left it and put his card in via intelligent golf

When it came to signing mine it worked fine pinged up on his phone in seconds .. weird

Anyone know any fixes to the geolocation not finding course also? My mate has had it twice (different mate)
Was it an iPhone, some older operating systems cannot manage the newer version.

D

Deleted member 3432

I'm hoping one of our experts can help me on behalf of my Dad.
He has 6 scores on his handicap record (had a couple of seasons out before rejoining at 85!)
Course rating is 69.7 and slope is 134
He played on Friday and shot an adjusted 111 yet index went from 24.7 to 24.2.

His handicap is at least 10 shots too low, finished last in comp with 25 points and got handicap reduced....

Bwgan

Hacker
Visit site
If he's only got 6 it'll be an average of the lowest 2.
What happens on the last round doesnt control the HI. Have a look at the table when you've got less than 20 results

Swango1980

Visit site
I'm hoping one of our experts can help me on behalf of my Dad.
He has 6 scores on his handicap record (had a couple of seasons out before rejoining at 85!)
Course rating is 69.7 and slope is 134
He played on Friday and shot an adjusted 111 yet index went from 24.7 to 24.2.

His handicap is at least 10 shots too low, finished last in comp with 25 points and got handicap reduced....
If he only had 5 rounds before the latest one, his Index would have been based on his lowest round score differential. Once he submitted his 6th score, his index will be the average of his lowest 2, minus 1.0. So, if his second best round was quite close to his best round, then his handicap could well go down due to the -1.0.

Once he hands in his 7th score, his Index will be based on average of lowest 2 rounds, WITHOUT the -1.0 (so his Index will increase by 1.0 assuming his next round is not one of his best 2)

D

Deleted member 3432

If he only had 5 rounds before the latest one, his Index would have been based on his lowest round score differential. Once he submitted his 6th score, his index will be the average of his lowest 2, minus 1.0. So, if his second best round was quite close to his best round, then his handicap could well go down due to the -1.0.

Once he hands in his 7th score, his Index will be based on average of lowest 2 rounds, WITHOUT the -1.0 (so his Index will increase by 1.0 assuming his next round is not one of his best 2)

Cheers and to Bgwan also.
I suspected best score or 2 was the case.
Problem is best score was back in 2018 before he took time out and he has got quite a bit weaker since and 120 yard drives require a lot of shots to get round the course which he doesn't have at present.
Club refused a few cards he tried to submit from last season which would have helped due to lack of marker signature.
Presently finding it difficult to submit a general play card as he doesn't have a smartphone to use app and club have no pro or course manager on site.
No fun playing decent and scoring 25 points...