World Handicap System (WHS)

D

Deleted member 3432

Our pro less than impressed with WHS today.

At least 3 members playing today who have a home club in Scotland. EG and SG systems are incompatiible so back to taking photos of cards to send to home club and EG and SG are not talking to each other about this. R&A not interested either.

Never used to be a problem under the 'old' system, score would be on handicap record after comp was closed.

Working well so far then....:ROFLMAO:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site

At least 3 members playing today who have a home club in Scotland. EG and SG systems are incompatiible so back to taking photos of cards to send to home club and EG and SG are not talking to each other about this. R&A not interested either.

Never used to be a problem under the 'old' system, score would be on handicap record after comp was closed.

That is just pathetic.

NearHull

Visit site
Golf International has nothing to do with HDID. The HDID system requires the markers name and players Signature and can be checked by comp committees on the system. There seem to be a few on here that think there club members are just a load of cheats. Shame really.
A cheat will always find a way to cheat, the various apps are no more susceptible to cheating than a PSI Unit.
My memory failed me, the company is Club Systems International.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Apologies if this has previously been addressed. Is there a limit handicap indexes can go up? One of my regular playing partners only put his cards in last season - so does not yet have 20 qualifying cards. Since the return, we use the EG app to register every round - so even a knock counts. He doesn’t seem to have a buffer and he has received an increase when scoring 17 points on 9 holes.

He’s seen his index increase by 4 shots already. He was already dangerous off 20, nevermind 24! It’s so frustrating for him - he’s working with the pro and trying to ingrained changes - but obviously these take time. I’m sure it will come down eventually. But... is there a limit to what it can increase by?

As per Wabinez. When he has a full handicap record of 20 scores it will set a low handicap index and the increase in his handicap index cannot exceed 5 shots within a rolling 12 month period. When he has 16 scores on his record he should also see smaller fluctuations.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

R&A would not be interested because they have nothing to do with handicapping.

This should not be a long term problem because in the long run wherever you play in the world it should get back to your National Authority .

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site

It's hard to believe that SGU courses cannot be accessed by EG for score input. On the EG WHS platform you can enter scores for courses in Wales and Ireland and also in Portugal, Australia, Turkey to name a few other countries.

D

Deleted member 3432

It's hard to believe that SGU courses cannot be accessed by EG for score input. On the EG WHS platform you can enter scores for courses in Wales and Ireland and also in Portugal, Australia, Turkey to name a few other countries.
EG and SG use a different algorithm apparently which is causing the problem.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site

This should not be a long term problem because in the long run wherever you play in the world it should get back to your National Authority .
Even locally there's always been problems accessing results for certain away open comps, especially non qualifying team events.
Clubs are using different systems like I.G. HDID, Master Score Board plus a few others.
But they can only be accessed if your club uses that particular system.
Limited results are eventually published on the club page/site, if you can find them.
Results should be shared across all systems.:mad:

D

Deleted member 3432

R&A should be interested as they were the driving force behind it.
Should be out there kicking EG and SG's arse and telling them to sort it.

Swango1980

Visit site
Is there anyway I can likely calculate what my handicap will be? Just put my last card in today. I know the course rating and slope. Thanks.
Yeah. Do the following

Adjust your gross scores so that any really bad holes are rounded DOWN to double par (perhaps not required, only if you had a disaster)
Select your Lowest Adjusted Gross from those. Your Index will be:

Index = ((Lowest Adjusted Gross - Course Rating - PCC) x 113 / Slope) - 2.0

PCC is highly likely to be zero anyway

TigerTime

Visit site
Yeah. Do the following

Adjust your gross scores so that any really bad holes are rounded DOWN to double par (perhaps not required, only if you had a disaster)
Select your Lowest Adjusted Gross from those. Your Index will be:

Index = ((Lowest Adjusted Gross - Course Rating - PCC) x 113 / Slope) - 2.0

PCC is highly likely to be zero anyway

Thank you!

Double par? Do you mean double bogey as I thought you couldn't technically get higher than a double bogey with WHS?

Maybe I'm wrong.

Swango1980

Visit site
Thank you!

Double par? Do you mean double bogey as I thought you couldn't technically get higher than a double bogey with WHS?

Maybe I'm wrong.
No, double par for your initial handicap.

Once you have a handicap, any bad score is rounded down to NETT double bogey. But obviously this cannot be done until you get your first handicap.

TigerTime

Visit site
So I can see my three scores on the Scottish Golf App, however they all say Pending. I presume this will correct itself overnight or will it take a bit longer?

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Our results from yesterday are in. A guy who is famously dozy, "forgot" to key his score for the past two weeks, actually did this time.

He qualified for a cut of the 2s-sweep with a 2 at the 9th. A tough par 4, from memory he made 5 or 6.... oh well, he's keyed it, getting the right numbers may take longer :rolleyes:

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
So I can see my three scores on the Scottish Golf App, however they all say Pending. I presume this will correct itself overnight or will it take a bit longer?
Are you sure it's not your 'Low Index' that is pending.
Your Handicap Index should have been determined overnight.