World Handicap System Question

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It's a Penalty Score - at some point he's registered to submit a score and not done so, or a score has not been attested via the MyEG app.

Thought I’d revive this thread rather than start a new.

After a round was attested in 72hours, the card has been logged on MyEG but with the P against the score.

Is there a process of getting this removed? I have noted that my PP needs a poke in the eye for his wrong doing

wjemather

Visit site
Thought I’d revive this thread rather than start a new.

After a round was attested in 72hours, the card has been logged on MyEG but with the P against the score.

Is there a process of getting this removed? I have noted that my PP needs a poke in the eye for his wrong doing
If it is flagged with a "P", it more than likely still hasn't been attested. Your Handicap Committee could remove the flag if they are satisfied with your explanation.

Swango1980

Visit site
A girl at our Club has had her WHI reduced from 36.4 to 17.1 in 8 days, 3 comps.
Must be some sort of record!
Either she has had a spectacular improvement in ability, or she only has a few cards submitted, and WHS can confidently give out an Index of 36.4 to a player who has only submitted a handful of cards :) , before that player shows us what they are truly made off.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Either she has had a spectacular improvement in ability, or she only has a few cards submitted, and WHS can confidently give out an Index of 36.4 to a player who has only submitted a handful of cards :) , before that player shows us what they are truly made off.
How does it differ from the old UHS?

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
A girl at our Club has had her WHI reduced from 36.4 to 17.1 in 8 days, 3 comps.
Must be some sort of record!

What sort of time interval is there between the last score when the 36.4 was established and the three competitions that brought it down to 17.1? I've seen the same thing happen with a 13 year old who got some scores in during one season for a 44.3 HI and proceeded to turn in a few scores the following season that brought it down to 24.4. As he said himself "I've grown lots". I wanted to know from his mum what she fed him on in the hope that I might change my diet and emulate his improvement.

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
For goodness' sake. If you aren't implying anything, why did you even mention "Have you ever played with cheats"?

If you have that kind of issue about this member, take it up with your club. That ends my engagement with this thread.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
For goodness' sake. If you aren't implying anything, why did you even mention "Have you ever played with cheats"?

If you have that kind of issue about this member, take it up with your club. That ends my engagement with this thread.
My sincere apologies for saying anything which may upset you. If only I had known I would not even replied to your question. No idea whether I have ever played with a cheat.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
What sort of time interval is there between the last score when the 36.4 was established and the three competitions that brought it down to 17.1? I've seen the same thing happen with a 13 year old who got some scores in during one season for a 44.3 HI and proceeded to turn in a few scores the following season that brought it down to 24.4. As he said himself "I've grown lots". I wanted to know from his mum what she fed him on in the hope that I might change my diet and emulate his improvement.
I believe you (and I) are significantly past the point of natural growth spurt..
The chemicals that produce that sort of effect in the young are only likely to be available to we older folk by illegal means!

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
I believe you (and I) are significantly past the point of natural growth spurt..
The chemicals that produce that sort of effect in the young are only likely to be available to we older folk by illegal means!

I expect you're right but I have to confess there are moments in the ageing process when I could be tempted into compromising my normal integrity and my law-abiding nature.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Update for you. she is now 10.6. Her 3 score differentials are 7.8, 13.8 and 10.1. 2.5 weeks ago she had a 116 Gross. There are 12 cards submitted, some only being for 9 holes.

Being a natural cynic, I would be wondering if there was a full disclosure of previous playing/handicap history.