World Darts Finals (PDC)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Indoor bowling boring to watch??
Just like watching highlights of a PGA event which is 95% putting.

I have always watched the darts, it is as much about the atmosphere as the darts even when it was BDO only at the Lakeside. Jockey Wilson trying to throw a double scotch was as exciting as RVB trying to throw a double top.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I watch lots of different sports, darts being one of them. Going to a live game is all about the atmosphere and is a great day out. I think that helps make it a better spectacle for tv.

What Littler is doing is phenomenal. 105 average last night, against a fading but still semi relevant all time great. MVG averaged 102 in his game. Would love to see them contest the final. But a couple of tough games for them both to get through before that.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Loads of boring sports it could replace, such as - archery, squash, small bore rifle, pistol, shotgun, rowing, canoeing..... please add your choices
Running
Stick throwing
Ball throwing
Jumping into a sandpit
Riding a bike inside or on a road
Swimming

Pretty much most of it

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Loads of boring sports it could replace, such as - archery, squash, small bore rifle, pistol, shotgun, rowing, canoeing..... please add your choices
Skateboarding
BMX freestyle
Surfing
Breaking (Google it)
Climbing up a wall
Rhythmic Gymnastics
Dressage
Synchronised Swimming

And breathe...........😂

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I watched Luke Humphries and Joe Cullen today (recorded) - pressure , what pressure?
All the way, what a tense game for them.
Probably the most I have seen/heard the audience get involved this year.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Skateboarding
BMX freestyle
Surfing
Breaking (Google it)
Climbing up a wall
Rhythmic Gymnastics
Dressage
Synchronised Swimming

And breathe...........😂
More sports that are boring to watch on telly

Cricket
Golf

The action is so slow with so much time spent not doing anything.
Chess is more action-packed in comparison.

(PS: I like being bored sometimes. It is very relaxing. Curling as a tv-spectator is great for this)

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
When you look at the absolute guff that is included in the Olympics now, darts has every right to ask to be included.

Agree about Barry Hearn, what a job he has done with darts in particular. The world championships is one of the sporting highlights of the year. Certainly one of the best atmospheres out there.
My late MIL loved the darts, but hated the crowd.

She used to turn the sound down and watch it with Classic FM on :D

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Don't know much about darts, but this Littler bloke looks unbeatable.
So far he has pretty much had it his own way, through stunning play to be fair. It might be different when someone plays at a similar level to him, which will surely happen at the SF stage.

Whatever happens from now on, he's had an amazing tournament and has announced his arrival in the world of darts. Watch the invitations roll in 🤑

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
He's the oldest looking 16 year old I've ever seen in my life. Some darts player though.

He's now guaranteed a minimum of 100k in prize money. Hope he goes on to win it.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
He's the oldest looking 16 year old I've ever seen in my life. Some darts player though.

He's now guaranteed a minimum of 100k in prize money. Hope he goes on to win it.
Hope he goes on to have a successful career and doesn’t end up like Raducanu as a one hit wonder

D-S

Visit site
Hope he goes on to have a successful career and doesn’t end up like Raducanu as a one hit wonder
Unlikely to have the same injury blight as Radacanu though (she has had surgery in the last year to both wrists and an ankle).