Woodhall spa today

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Will do a review of todays golf tomorrow. Soz to all we had to shoot off but had to get back so missis T could see an adele tribute act 😖
But big thanks to Glynn

Tashyboy

Visit site
Right then here goes. Me and Melly turned up just before 1.00pm and some of the lads were already going through there pre round practice of filling up on burger and chips.
Initial impressions of Woodhall spa the village was a town stuck in the last century and it looked well for it. Initial impressions on Woodhall spa the golf course was impressive. I have to say that having played Kings Lynn a month or so ago it looked very well manicured, immaculate.Whereas Woodhall Spa is nature at its best. There is a brutal beauty about Woodhall that suggests it is gonna smash you up, it don't just suggest it, it does. Some of the holes are just, well you shake you head after you have played it. Eg, a par three at around 300 yds. A nice tickle with a driver and a wedge in. Not a chance, driver is gonna put you in a bunker that Hitler would not go in. So it's an iron off the tee and a longer iron into the heavily guarded green with a wind that is either blowing north,south, east or west. You come off with a blob shaking your head. Our four Ball played one hole and the closet any of us got to scoring was a 10 ft lip out by me. Not one of us scored a single point.
Melly came closest out of our four ball to doing out decent with 26 points, but he blobbed the last four holes.
had a right good laugh with James and Mike GG26 who won the Ping irons comp. Those ping irons look a thing of beauty.
Some of the holes are just gorgeous and memorable. To play a par four hole without having to try and smash a driver 250 yd is an eye opener, and those that whinge the balls are flying to far and courses need to be longer. Well they need to get to Woodhall and see how a course can be designed without being 8000 yds long.
would I go back, deffo. It is a favourite course of mine even though it kicked me butt. However I would deffo by a course card.
Many many thanks Glynn and Woodhall Spa for having the Tash and Melly

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Good write up tashy.

Course wasca brute, but a pleasure to play. Luckily Mark and I played with Glyn and Dan - the local knowledge helped

Great curry last night.

Thanks again for organising Glyn, was a great day

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Enjoyed the round with Tashyboy, Melly & James, all great company. Scored poorly as I couldn’t get away a straight drive until the last couple of holes and got to know the heather well.

Course was difficult, especially with the strong breeze which was into our faces on the back nine, but fair at the same time. The holes needed some strategy and wasn’t overly long off of the yellow tees (6,500 yards) and the greens were excellent.

Must play it again and hope I can get it off of the tee better.

Many thanks for organising the round, accommodation and curry Glyn.

Tashyboy

Visit site
What tee did you play from? The longest longest par 3 is 209 from the championship tees :)

😂 No wonder we all blobbed it. Oddly enough we all thought a hole ( par 5) we had all smashed up, turned out we never smashed it. From the whites it is a par five and from the yellows we played from it was a par four. Good job mike noticed on the card.