women's golf grips - just what are they made of?

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Simple question.

Any time I pick up a women's club it always seems to have to softest, tacky grip that just sticks to your hand and feels as if there is a thin layer of foam underneath the top layer. They are a joy to hold.

What are these things made of? can anyone give me examples of these types of grips?

Ive been scouring the net here and the nearest thing I can find just by looking is the Winn dri-tec . I can't be sure but from the description it sounds like the grips you find on nearly all women's clubs.

I want to get these things on my wedges.

Clubs I've come across with these types of grips are

Women's cobra driver
Full ping women's set with these grips all the way through.
A mens MD putter

There must be men's size grips made in this style!!

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My advice would be to start washing the dishes and use Fairy

:rofl: I do bud. knew those jokes would start.

Been doing some digging and I'm pretty sure its these Winn grips. Some fancy polymer rather than just bogs standard rubber.

Got to try. Its nothing new. Seems to have been available since 2012.

[video=youtube;3B_XmgTnKgE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B_XmgTnKgE[/video]

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Yeah, the Winn Excel grip is the one you are talking about, I think. They are used as standard grip on the Cobra ladies driver and woods. They feel nice, but I find them almost a bit too soft and squishy. Also they are not very durable. I use the Winn DriTec on my hybrids and they are brilliant. I think I will get one of those on my driver as well, because my original driver grip is now slowly unravelling.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Just be warned Gary, Winn grips tend to wear pretty quickly because, as you rightly point out, they are very soft.

I had a Winn fitted to my Raa putter and inside of 6 months it was hammered.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ladies grips are made of the same stuff as men's they are just thinner.

No Jim its these Winn grips. They are different from the standard rough feel of golf pride new decade grips. In fact the complete opposite.

Thanks for the info folks. Ive only ever used Winn grips on a couple of putters. Never even thought of putting them on my irons.

Whole new world out there. :rofl:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No Jim its these Winn grips. They are different from the standard rough feel of golf pride new decade grips. In fact the complete opposite.

Thanks for the info folks. Ive only ever used Winn grips on a couple of putters. Never even thought of putting them on my irons.

Winn grips are made by having an inner core with the outer 'wrapped' around it. I have never fitted ladies grips but it is probable that the only difference between a ladies and mans grip in a Winn grip is that the inner core will have less thickness between the 'hole' and the outer layer.
Hence my comment.