wireless headphones

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Morning all,

After a set of the above, I would like proper headphones as can not get on with anything that has to go in my ear. I would say they need to be robust as I am a clumsy buffoon (as my wife keeps telling me.)

Don't really want to spend more that £60.

Any recommendations welcome.

Cheers

Midnight...

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
As we are getting close to November perhaps worth waiting for deals around the Black Friday time? If you can stretch to a Bose pair it is well worth it but they are currently well beyond £60 so out of budget.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
What r u planning to use it for? Music, conf calls, aeroplanes, running?

As we are getting close to November perhaps worth waiting for deals around the Black Friday time? If you can stretch to a Bose pair it is well worth it but they are currently well beyond £60 so out of budget.

I never thought that i would use over the ear headphones... but after using the Bose QC2, they are amazing. I spend a lot of time on conference calls and on aeroplanes, so they are very useful and great for noice cancelling. Difficult to get under £200. (unless you know someone in the States who can pick these up in a Black Friday over there).

Someone recently showed me thier Bose viberating sun glasses... bloody good but i cant use them since i wear glasses. i think @Rooter has them

There are few good ones from Plantronics, Jabra, Marshall etc. However none under 200. All depends on how you plan to use them

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Pl
What r u planning to use it for? Music, conf calls, aeroplanes, running?

I never thought that i would use over the ear headphones... but after using the Bose QC2, they are amazing. I spend a lot of time on conference calls and on aeroplanes, so they are very useful and great for noice cancelling. Difficult to get under £200. (unless you know someone in the States who can pick these up in a Black Friday over there).

Someone recently showed me thier Bose viberating sun glasses... bloody good but i cant use them since i wear glasses. i think @Rooter has them

There are few good ones from Plantronics, Jabra, Marshall etc. However none under 200. All depends on how you plan to use them

Main use will be gym work mate.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Pl

Not seen the inside of a gym in 10 years, so i am not qualified. I would not think of taking my over the ear phones there as I sweat a lot and it will be hot. You want something more conspicuous

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Pl

That is going to get mighty sweaty o_O

Had a thought. Try looking at vibration style headphones. They sit around your head, ideal for work outs, running etc. My wife has some and they work really well. From memory I think hers are Aftershokz. They are usually around £60-70 but would solve your issue of not in the ear and avoid sweaty ears.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Soundpeats do good ones on Amazon, certainly well within budget. I have earphones and headphones and no complaints about comfort or sound quality. They have both on ear and over ear headphones whichever you prefer

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
That is going to get mighty sweaty o_O

Had a thought. Try looking at vibration style headphones. They sit around your head, ideal for work outs, running etc. My wife has some and they work really well. From memory I think hers are Aftershokz. They are usually around £60-70 but would solve your issue of not in the ear and avoid sweaty ears.

My wife also swears by gadgets that vibrate, she has quite the collection. I've just checked with her and she says they do go inside and she does get a bit sweaty, but she says you can get them for cheaper than 60 to 70 quid. ;)

Last edited:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Theres an electrical place out here in Ox called JB hifi. Anyway the savings out here as against UK are unbelievable. Lad has just bought some Sony ones that are £120 cheaper than UK.
Just bought 2 ipad airs that are £20 dearer than a normal ipad in the UK.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Theres an electrical place out here in Ox called JB hifi. Anyway the savings out here as against UK are unbelievable. Lad has just bought some Sony ones that are £120 cheaper than UK.
Just bought 2 ipad airs that are £20 dearer than a normal ipad in the UK.
Now, now, no one likes a show off 😜

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Unfortunately not everyone wants to listen to the music I would belt out on my boom box.

From the looks of the music thread golfers seem to only listen to Joe Bonsamtra or whatever he is called and Dire Staits. So if you are deviating from those staples then you better have a good reason....