Winter golf breaks

JV24601

Head Pro
Visit site
Anyone aware of any good deals on winter golf trips for a long weekend in the UK?
Preferably UK based for small groups. Can book own accommodation if needed.

Everything seems so expensive when I'm looking.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Depends on how far you want to travel. Also I personally wouldn't be going anywhere other than links at this time of the year.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think you need to give an idea of where you are prepared to travel to and perhaps the budget. I can give some good tips for the NE of England but if you are in Cornwall then it would not be a great option for you.

JV24601

Head Pro
Visit site
Willing to go anywhere in UK. Literally anywhere but would definitely prefer links in England or Scotland.
Always tend to play popular and Top 100 ones and we've had some real cracking deals in the past.
Last year was a struggle but got there in the end, but this year everything just seems so expensive.

Sorry, should have mentioned budget. It's around £250 for the golf. We tend to sort our own accommodation off site.

Cheers

D

Deleted member 1147

I went to Filey late last year. It was a decent place to stop for a curry and a few jars, and was handy for Ganton, we then threw in a couple of local/lesser courses - Scarborough South Shore & North Shore are decent shouts.

Ganton is like an old links course which is now inland so should drain well.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
NE wise I would suggest 3 for you.

Close House are offering cracking play and stay deals. 2 good courses, lovely set up. https://closehouse.com/golf/golf-breaks-play-and-stay/ Parkland in style, to an extent, but they drain very well.

Alnmouth Golf Club (Foxton) offer dormy houses for golfers to stay on site. They have links with some links courses in the area, Dunstanburgh Castle and Bamburgh Castle, and they will put a very decent package together for you. Good golfers get away and you are on the doorstep of Alnmouth, a pretty coastal village with a good number of pubs to drink in and eat. https://www.alnmouthgolfclub.com/golf-breaks/packages At this time of year I would contact them rather than rely on the website for up to date prices and offers. Alternatively, stay in Alnmouth itself, plenty of accomodation there, and play the courses suggested.

Last up would require you to put together but play at Seaton Carew and Cleveland GC. Two very strong links courses, stay nearby. Hobbit, 2Blue and Pauldj42 are the ones to speak to about where to stay in that part of the world. Not an obvious one but plenty on here will tell you how good they are.

D

Deleted member 21258

I think I would look towards inland sand based courses, hopefully a little bit more of protection from the stronger cold winds, you would get at the coast.

Woodhall spa could be an option?(2 courses, if they allow visitors on at the weekend?)

However for me, think I would go for 3 games of golf for £140, a bargain in my eyes for the quality of courses :-

Ganton is bone dry and allows visitors on at the weekend and I think Alwoodley does on Sundays iirc(don't know about Moortown)

Zig

Visit site
I'm a member at Seaton, happy to help out however I can if you choose to play there. I'd add Goswick to the north and Ganton to the south as two stellar courses if you want to have a great track on your list at a reasonable price (compared to their summer rates).

;)

NE wise I would suggest 3 for you.

Close House are offering cracking play and stay deals. 2 good courses, lovely set up. https://closehouse.com/golf/golf-breaks-play-and-stay/ Parkland in style, to an extent, but they drain very well.

Alnmouth Golf Club (Foxton) offer dormy houses for golfers to stay on site. They have links with some links courses in the area, Dunstanburgh Castle and Bamburgh Castle, and they will put a very decent package together for you. Good golfers get away and you are on the doorstep of Alnmouth, a pretty coastal village with a good number of pubs to drink in and eat. https://www.alnmouthgolfclub.com/golf-breaks/packages At this time of year I would contact them rather than rely on the website for up to date prices and offers. Alternatively, stay in Alnmouth itself, plenty of accomodation there, and play the courses suggested.

Last up would require you to put together but play at Seaton Carew and Cleveland GC. Two very strong links courses, stay nearby. Hobbit, 2Blue and Pauldj42 are the ones to speak to about where to stay in that part of the world. Not an obvious one but plenty on here will tell you how good they are.

Zig

Visit site
I applaud the man who found this offer!!! Amazing courses, great VFM!

I think I would look towards inland sand based courses, hopefully a little bit more of protection from the stronger cold winds, you would get at the coast.

Woodhall spa could be an option?(2 courses, if they allow visitors on at the weekend?)

However for me, think I would go for 3 games of golf for £140, a bargain in my eyes for the quality of courses :-

Ganton is bone dry and allows visitors on at the weekend and I think Alwoodley does on Sundays iirc(don't know about Moortown)

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Great deals at Craigielaw in East Lothian that can include games at other courses.
Ducks Hotel in Aberlady might also do golf breaks.
No.12 is a great wee hotel in North Berwick, a great town to stay in. Not sure if they organise golf breaks.