Winter gloves

stevenk

Hacker
Visit site
With the temperatures plummeting I have been thinking of winter gloves. Had a pair of FJ a few years back, never got on with them as they had horrible thick rough seams inside.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't suffer from cold hands but if it is extremely cold I have a pair of FJ mits in my bag which I wear between shots and are easy to slip on over my normal golf glove.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I use Galvin Green Lewis winter gloves, they’re the only ones I’ve ever got on with as I don’t find them too thick etc.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I don’t wear gloves unless it’s really cold. I have a pair of Footjoy Wintersof, they’re pretty good. Have a pair of GG wind stopper gloves too, they’re another good option. Although I have a pair of mittens, find them too much faff putting on taking off every few minutes.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I’m fortunate enough to have a golf trolley that follows me so keep my hands in the nice toasty pockets of my heated gillet. I have however had this issue myself in the past. I never got on with the slightly thicker winter gloves myself so used single use hand warmers before I got my gillet. I tried other and warmers but had a mix of them electronic ones being too bulky and the paraffin one nearly setting my kitchen on fire and singing all the lair off one hand (not for clumsy folk like me).

The lads who push trolleys swear by their mitts that attach to the trolley. One has ones that heat up and loves then as he suffer from Reynards.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I have a pair of GG winter gloves they are pretty good, expensive though. Leather with silk lining, so not bulky. If its really cold I put my mind over the top between shots.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have tried various makes over the years but generally found all them too thick to hold the club properly. I just wear mittens between shots with a handwarmer inside them.

Reactions: AAC

Mandofred

Visit site
If you need big thick winter gloves to go out and play golf, then you shouldn't be out playing golf. :)
Unless you are an absolute wimp....like me. I hate cold hands. Once it gets to around 10C I wear a glove on each hand. If those Motocaddy hot mitts put out more heat I'd buy them immediately.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I also have the Footjoy Wintersof gloves. I found I couldn't hit a full shot with both of them on (can't control the clubface at all) so I take the right hand glove off to hit and then put it back on again to start walking. Can leave both on for chipping and putting. I wore them on Saturday when it was between 1 and -1 and my hands were fine. And I'm someone who gets exceptionally cold hands otherwise. I tried other brands in the past but they either didn't fit well or weren't particularly warm, the FJ have been good on both counts though.

dariokgladstone

Banned
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your bad experience with those FJ gloves. I feel your pain - nothing ruins a good round of golf like uncomfortable gear.
Have you considered trying out some disposable medical gloves? They're designed to be comfortable and easy to wear for extended periods, which could be perfect for cold winter rounds. Plus, since they're disposable, you won't have to worry about ruining them or losing them on the course.
Of course, disposable gloves might not be the most stylish option, but function over fashion, right? You could always try to find some with a fun pattern or color to add a little personality.

Last edited:

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your bad experience with those FJ gloves. I feel your pain - nothing ruins a good round of golf like uncomfortable gear.
That’s why I splash out on zoom tour gloves I find the thumb folds in on full leather gloves for me as it stretches so the stretchy material on zoom gloves gets rid of the issue.