Winter gloves or trolley mitts

HPIMG

Visit site
I played yesterday morning and my hand were freezing cold. I’ll need to get some sort of gloves for winter. What’s best I see motocaddy do heated mitts that attach to the trolly are they any good or do people just use gloves in winter ?

Mandofred

Visit site
The Motocaddy ones are better than nothing, but they are not warm according to everybody I've seen with them. Just a very mild heat, which might be good enough. I bought a different brand....which of course I can't remember the name of.......which gets pretty warm. That combined with a thicker winter golf glove is good for me. The best for me is just to carry....then my hands are in my pockets.
Edit: I've tried mittens, wayyyy too much faff for me but others like them well enough. I find the attached to trolley ones to be no effort at all to stick my hands in.

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I use the FJ Wintersof pair of gloves when it's cold, but I do find I can't hit full shots with both gloves on so I take the right one off to hit, then put it back on. I can leave both on for chipping and putting.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Used to have the motocaddy heated mitts. Biggest pain was having to keep hold of the trolley to use them. Sounds a daft issue, but how many times do you walk the course with your hands on the handle allll the time.

Couple of hand warmers in normal mitts is the way forward…or just hand warmers in your pockets. Either disposable ones or a decent rechargeable pair

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Plan C
Put some of those heated hand warmers in your jacket pocket like the hot hands sachets. Quite a few of the lads use them.

C7usk

Visit site
Plan C
Put some of those heated hand warmers in your jacket pocket like the hot hands sachets. Quite a few of the lads use them.
That's what I use.. Got a box from Costco and they are great. Give them a wee shake to activate bout 10 mins before you play. Put 1 in each mitt and your good to go no matter what the temperature. Wish I had got them years ago as we play all through the winter.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Winter gloves and if it gets really cold a set of electric hand warmers from Amazon was £20 you hold them between shots and they keep your hands toasty

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That's what I use.. Got a box from Costco and they are great. Give them a wee shake to activate bout 10 mins before you play. Put 1 in each mitt and your good to go no matter what the temperature. Wish I had got them years ago as we play all through the winter.
Ditto... works a treat

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've a pair of clicgear trolley mitts that attach to my trolley.
They're great - not electronic or anything, but wind/shower proof with a furry lining. It's amazing how much warmer hands are if they're out of the wind.
Not as if I'm going to be paying golf if it's captain oates conditions.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have a pair of Adidas winter gloves, keep hands warm and also not too bulky so fine wearing two gloves. Also have some Callaway mitts with slots for the hand warmers when proper nippy

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have some Nike mitts. Okay, not great. Better than nothing but not the toasty experience I was hoping for. From the sounds of it, hand warmers inside the mitts are the answer.

I wouldn't want trolley mitts, a bit too inflexible.