Winter Gloves ect

Skytot

Visit site
It’s starting to get cold now and I certainly feel the cold as I get older. What winter gloves, mitts do people recommend? Would ideally like some heated mitts that fit to my PW7 cart but don’t think Powercaddy do them . Would also like some gloves to play in .

Mandofred

Visit site
I usually play in the FJ winter gloves. Nothing special really, but they are warmer than regular gloves and deal with a little moisture better than regular gloves. For a goodly few years now I have been using the Clicgear mitt that attaches to the trolley handle....it has a fuzzy inner lining. Last year I put quite a few coats of waterproof spray on it and got it pretty waterproof as well. This year I bought an electric Motocaddy trolley and am considering the Hot Mitts that plug into the trolley. I have talked to a number of people who have these, none of them were overly impressed. Evidently there is some heat, but not as much as people were hoping for. I'm a big wimp about cold hands and as soon as it gets close to 10C I wear a glove on each hand.

One of the advantages to carrying during the winter is that I can keep my hands in my pockets a lot of the time. I only carry when it gets pretty sloppy though.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It’s starting to get cold now and I certainly feel the cold as I get older. What winter gloves, mitts do people recommend? Would ideally like some heated mitts that fit to my PW7 cart but don’t think Powercaddy do them . Would also like some gloves to play in .
I have a pair of unheated trolley mitts attached to my clicgear push trolley. They're pretty basic, but work a treat.
If my hands get too cold/wet with these, it's too cold/wet for golf!

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Stopped wearing mitts due to the faffing. Winter gloves are FJ as they’re a little thicker although I do have to watch the grip doesn’t get strong when using them.

It’s the first winter that I’ll be using a leccy trolley so could well end up with mitts,

BridgfordBlue

Visit site
I’ve got a couple of galvin green mitts that velcro onto my clicgear trolley. If it’s really cold, I put a heat warmer in them and they’re really toasty.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I just use the FootJoy Wintersof gloves. I have to take the right one off for hitting shots as I can't get any feel for it with two gloves on. But then pop it straight back on for walking, and leave both on for putting. My hands just about stay warm enough. I can't really be bothered faffing around with the giant mitts as you have to keep taking them both on and off and find somewhere to put them every time. Whereas the right-hand Wintersof glove can just go in my back pocket.

I wouldn't be wearing them now though, it's September for goodness sake. ? This for January-March really.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Agree...but when the only appropriate clothing is a polo shirt, maybe with a light pullover. Layering up, baselayers, waterproof, chunky mittens...just bow to the reality and wait for spring.

Jason.H

Visit site
I used galvin green winter gloves (pair) last winter and like them. When I put them on I thought they wouldn’t be up to the job but I never got cold hands and I don’t mind hitting with a pair of gloves on. They are black so don’t look grubby even though they probably are. They have worn a bit but will do a 2nd winter I’m sure.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Winter gloves are too think for me. If I had a push trolley, I’d probably go for mitts but then my hands would be warm enough. presently I have a stewartgolf x9 follow so I stick that in follow mode and wear a heated gillet which I stick my hands in my toasty pockets.