Windproof top

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I never really know what they mean by windproof. Isn't any jumper or jacket wind proof pretty much? Unless it has whacking great holes in it?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I never really know what they mean by windproof. Isn't any jumper or jacket wind proof pretty much? Unless it has whacking great holes in it?
No!
Jacket is more likely to be so, but not 'jumper' - unless it has Gore's Windstopper membrane built in.

D

Deleted Member 1156

If you are looking at just windproof rather than waterproof I would consider a lined jumper as they can be very warm. Plenty on the market to look at.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you are looking at just windproof rather than waterproof I would consider a lined jumper as they can be very warm. Plenty on the market to look at.
I was given a footjoy one of these a couple of Christmases ago. Great top, meets the brief. Not the answer if to be worn in showers though.

Most windproof tops tend to be thin by nature, it's part of layering. Ping do some really nice windproof tops that work, have stretch.

i*windows

Visit site
I have an IJP lined Merino jumper which is pretty old but great,but I wore it when I played yesterday and the gail just cut through it, so I thought a good quality hi tech solution would work a little better.

Last edited:

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
D

Deleted member 3432

i*windows

Visit site
thanks for all the feedback, I'll check out the hydroflex and also a Galvin Green. I dont mind paying if they will last a few years