Wind/ water resistant gilet.

ThinBullet

Visit site
I wear a water/wind resistant Under Armour sort of over top under my Oscar Jacobsen gilet with a thermal long sleeved top. Does me for 15 holes in light smir. It’s a good combo. There’s always water repellent sprays from hillwalking shops you could apply too but I find the water just beads off and soaks my hands or club grips.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
According to GM's Winter gear guide (this month's edition), there's a Puma Frost Quilted gilet that "keeps light showers at bay" and a Castore Hybrid that "features water l-reistant trims".
Might be worth researching?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a Uni Qlo one that's light as feather and feels nice to wear. It packs down really small as well so easy to chuck in your bag if you take it off. Pretty sure it's water resistant. Cost £40.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Try washing it with Nikwax detergent, then with Nikwax wash in proofer. Having donw it many times to a Pace cycling fleece when I was doing mountin bikes, you be suprised how good it can be.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I have such a garment that came out of a factory in China.
I presume they were the cheapest manufacturer Callaway could find that would agree to put their name on it.
Its OK.

Springveldt

Visit site
I’ve got a Sunderland one that is made from nylon, definitely wind proof and I suspect it might give a bit of water resistance since it feels like tent material. Got it from County Golf for £20 a while back.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
First run out for my £40 decathlon gillet today. Very impressed. Warm and wind proof, a few spots of rain didn’t penetrate.

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
I bought this from M&S, it’s meant to be water repellent. Been good so far

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'd always be a bit sceptical about using anything down in a damp environment. Even with modern treatments, down and water don't really mix ime.
So if I use a down gilet and it might rain, it's under a layer I know to be waterproof.
Probably safer using a primaloft (or similar) insulating layer. Slightly heavier and less warm, but doesn't lose its structure when wet.

ThinBullet

Visit site
Try washing it with Nikwax detergent, then with Nikwax wash in proofer. Having donw it many times to a Pace cycling fleece when I was doing mountin bikes, you be suprised how good it can be.

My Rab jacket is Nikwax, and quite honestly, the best jacket i've ever bought. It's light, does great in windy freezing days, and even with just a t-shirt on it's toasty. Rain just sort of micro beads off it, but only for showers. Wouldn't like to be caught in a downpour.

This is the Gilet I use:

Doesn't get in the way of the swing, and it's lovely and warm. Paired up with a snood, and you're taking on anything. I can come away from the range on a 0 degree real feel day, and be roasting. Keeps the core nice and warm.
I've been caught in the rain with it, and the rain beads off nice with it. Absolutely wind proof too as the wind chills in Scotland are sore, but I don't feel it with this.
Doesn't look out of place wearing it out and about too.