Wimbledon - Beware... spoilers possible.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sinner has been incredible, Djokovic can't live with him! We could be looking at the future best player here in my opinion.
I thought the same when I first saw him play.
I'm out at the mo so can't watch this game.
Hopefully with not so many games now there might be highlights tonight.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Sinner has been incredible, Djokovic can't live with him! We could be looking at the future best player here in my opinion.
Well, he has been ranked #9 and is 10th seed here, so a recognised top player.
Grass seems to be the ideal surface for him, but starting to make lots of unforced errors. Djok seems to be having a 'bad' day, but a comeback is possible and may even be under way. He definitely seems 'out of sorts' though.

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Djokovic took it up a gear in that third set. Will be tough from here. Sadly I won't be able to watch the rest of it as I'm off out shortly! I sincerely hope Sinner sees it through.

Well, he has been ranked #9 and is 10th seed here, so a recognised top player.
To clarify my comment, I feel that outside of the 'big 3' - who are all near retirement age - it's still pretty unclear who's going to come through and take up the mantle of the top player in the world, in my opinion. Sinner has a fantastic game - although he's missed a few serves and his backhand volleys seems to need work.

Ahh Novak has broken him already. Ominous.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Normal service has resumed. Djok back to being Djok and eliminated unforced errors (dodgy drop shots notwithstanding).

4LEX

Visit site
Sinner is tidy but hasn't got the mentality to be elite, IMO. Still time for him to improve.

Djokovic is far from the player he was a few years ago, he looks more human and less robotic. A Djokovic v Nadal final is on the cards and will be a belter! Norrie handled the pressure well today, really couldn't see anything but a loss after the third set. Fair play to him stepping up when it mattered!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm absolutely gutted Sinner didn't get it over the line. Djokovic's ability to get himself out of a hole is ridiculous. How upsetting.

Anyway - it's a Kyrgios day today! :sneaky:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Sinner is tidy but hasn't got the mentality to be elite, IMO. Still time for him to improve.

Djokovic is far from the player he was a few years ago, he looks more human and less robotic. A Djokovic v Nadal final is on the cards and will be a belter! Norrie handled the pressure well today, really couldn't see anything but a loss after the third set. Fair play to him stepping up when it mattered!
Norrie, in spite of his wobble yesterday has really 'come of age'. I could see him beating Djok, though he'd need to start better than yesterday and Djok is great at winning by working players out. Nadal hasn't been his clay-court dominant, but has been efficient nonetheless. If Kyrgios wins today - and he's likely to imo, disruptive antics and all, there's (unlikely) potential for a Kyrgios v Norrie final! :eek: Djok v Nadal still seems the most likely though.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Norrie, in spite of his wobble yesterday has really 'come of age'. I could see him beating Djok, though he'd need to start better than yesterday and Djok is great at winning by working players out. Nadal hasn't been his clay-court dominant, but has been efficient nonetheless. If Kyrgios wins today - and he's likely to imo, disruptive antics and all, there's (unlikely) potential for a Kyrgios v Norrie final! :eek: Djok v Nadal still seems the most likely though.
Agree. Nadal has the mental toughness to block out Kyrgios completely and dispatch him, while Norrie I just don't think is quite talented enough to overcome Djokovic. The final could go either way. Djokovic hasn't looked at his very best, and Nadal is more likely to seal the deal than Sinner for example.

4LEX

Visit site
Some brilliant tennis today! I thought Fritz would have a good go at Nadal but he's taking it to the wire.

Kyrgios hit some ridiculous serves when the pressure was on. The match was closer than the score suggested.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Nadal's pre-serve routine amuses me. Adjust right leg of shorth; left shirt shoulder; right shirt shoulder; nose; left ear; right ear! I think there used to be a couple more in the past too.

4LEX

Visit site
Hopefully the injury isn't too bad. Can't see Kyrgios intimidating Rafa, potentially I can see Rafa winding him up.

I think the crowd will be very vocal against Kyrgios and it'll end in fireworks. They have some previous to add the occasion.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I think the crowd will be very vocal against Kyrgios and it'll end in fireworks. They have some previous to add the occasion.
Provided Rafa's injury isn't too serious, NK will be too respectful on/of Centre Court for his 'normal' antics. If Rafa's injury stays serious, NK will stretch him and likely win - so no serious antics in that case either. Maybe a couple of underarm serves, but nothing nasty. And they'll have a 'no-nonsense' guy - like Keothavomg - in he chair too.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Never, ever going to write him off but Djokovic hasn't got out of bed yet. He was nowhere near it in that first set. Too hot for the old man? I'm sure he'll take a few puffs from his 'magic bottle' and be right as rain soon enough.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Djokovic improved a little bit but Norrie was just really poor in the last two games of that second set. Gave it away. Needs to step it up again or Djokovic will just run away with it.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Djokovic improved a little bit but Norrie was just really poor in the last two games of that second set. Gave it away. Needs to step it up again or Djokovic will just run away with it.

That's a better hold. He's been poor and decision making not his best...calm down, be patient and out-run Djok!