Wimbledon - Beware... spoilers possible.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Great to see Raducanu win - against a 'tricky' opponent. No sign of injury, so augers well for rest of tournament.
Murray under pressure (a set down) against a similarly 'tricky' guy. Again, no sign of injury but if he wins this match, he'll be tested by Isner who has had an almost predictable/normal 5-setter!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anyone watching Kyrgios v Jubb? Even though Jubb is British I find myself wanting Kyrgios to win. He's entertainment. Literally never stops talking to himself and random members of the crowd though, he's either mental or it's all a tactic to put his opponent off. Probably a bit of both. Good match though, Jubb has battled well (I missed the first two sets).

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Was watching an outside court match where some chap was losing, receiving fast services. Quite a lot of which were lets and second serves.
I was struck by his "Selles" type shrieks when he successfully dealt with the serve, which didn't sound too different to my ears from marshall's fault calls.
Wimbledon failed badly in my opinion when they allowed Selles to start these vocals, now used by many players. Should have been jumped on straight away.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Anyone watching Kyrgios v Jubb? Even though Jubb is British I find myself wanting Kyrgios to win. He's entertainment. Literally never stops talking to himself and random members of the crowd though, he's either mental or it's all a tactic to put his opponent off. Probably a bit of both. Good match though, Jubb has battled well (I missed the first two sets).
I'd suggest there's an element of both (and to gee himself up somewhat). So much talent that occasionally goes walkabout. Stunning serve (he did 3 consecutive aces in one game, all around 140mph) and some crazy dinks and drops.
At least he appears 'happy'. When he gets grumpy+, he can be a handful to 'manage'! Plenty of past examples of his terrible, obnoxious behaviour about.

Last edited:

4LEX

Visit site
Just back from Wimbledon - cracking days play. Saw the Kyrgios match and love him or hate him, he's great entertainment. Had a Court 2 ticket but due to the poor line ups I match hopped on the outside courts most of the day. The one game I did watch there Dan Evans was woeful which is a shame as he's had a good year or so.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We watched all of Serena v Tan match. Still no idea how she won!
From what I saw, the gameplan was understandably to try and run her ragged. Obviously Serena's fitness was bound to be pretty low, so it made sense to hit it left, hit it right, hit some drop shots, etc. She looked absolutely knackered in that third set. Still could have gone either way though, because she still has that ridiculous power. It was probably a step too far to even enter it this year though. Retirement can't be far off surely?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Do not understand why I do not like her. Well I do really. Despite being beaten with her sponsorship deals she will not be looking where her next meal is coming from. Hope her fitness improves.

I do like her but think she needs to get the graft in to succeed on the court, and less time doing the off court stuff. She looked weak and out of puff if the rally went more than 6 shots. Never seemed to go for anything shot-wise, unlike Garcia.