Wimbledon - Beware... spoilers possible.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm reading a book whilst my wife watches the tennis. Not watching but I can hear what I happening. Is there anything more annoying in sport then the tennis fan who shouts out 'come on .........' just before the other player is about to serve? ? It holds up the game, absolute morons.

I'd rather hear 100 mashed potatoes post drive than one of those irritating shouts.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I'm reading a book whilst my wife watches the tennis. Not watching but I can hear what I happening. Is there anything more annoying in sport then the tennis fan who shouts out 'come on .........' just before the other player is about to serve? ? It holds up the game, absolute morons.

I'd rather hear 100 mashed potatoes post drive than one of those irritating shouts.

I'd rather they just threw the morons out, both at the tennis and the golf.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Isner was awesome. Both his play, his demeanour and post match interview. Hope he gets far into the tournament now!

His post match interview, yes, was excellent. I did feel however that but for his tremendous serve , Murray would have beaten him. Whenever the point developed into a rally, Isner made some unforced errors.
And at times, he looked even lackadaisical. If a top player can return his serve and get into a rally, then Isner will lose.
But.......what a serve!
I hope he does well.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
His post match interview, yes, was excellent. I did feel however that but for his tremendous serve , Murray would have beaten him. Whenever the point developed into a rally, Isner made some unforced errors.
And at times, he looked even lackadaisical. If a top player can return his serve and get into a rally, then Isner will lose.
But.......what a serve!
I hope he does well.
When Isner serves like that you wonder how anyone would ever break him in order to actually win. But then I remember he probably loses on tie breaks mainly. He's playing Sinner next anyway who should be able to run him off the court, whereas Murray's legs aren't what they were.

Carlwm

Visit site
Scary to think that it's twelve years since John Isner's record breaking long match with Nicholas Mahut. Over eight hours for the fifth set, alone. Those were the days!

Good for Isner that he's still playing high quality tennis all this time later.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
When Isner serves like that you wonder how anyone would ever break him in order to actually win. But then I remember he probably loses on tie breaks mainly. He's playing Sinner next anyway who should be able to run him off the court, whereas Murray's legs aren't what they were.
His all around fitness is pretty good as well - frequent 5-setters tend to do that, though his serve is such that there's not a lot of long rallies. Over 13.5K aces! I doubt that I played that many points! I did use to have lunch time games with a 6' 7" NZ Basketball workmate. Getting first serves coming from that angle was weird and took some getting used to! So his additional height and on grass would be tough for anyone to handle. I'm surprised he doesn't employ more topspin on his 2nd serve. Even for tall guys, that would be some weapon!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
His all around fitness is pretty good as well - frequent 5-setters tend to do that, though his serve is such that there's not a lot of long rallies. Over 13.5K aces! I doubt that I played that many points! I did use to have lunch time games with a 6' 7" NZ Basketball workmate. Getting first serves coming from that angle was weird and took some getting used to! So his additional height and on grass would be tough for anyone to handle. I'm surprised he doesn't employ more topspin on his 2nd serve. Even for tall guys, that would be some weapon!
Yeah, I was surprised to learn he is actually older than Murray at 37, but having that serve has obviously saved his legs on 50% of his games anyway!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Same frock - better result...better player.

I'm sure some of the other female Brits must feel a bit neglected. Bloody well done Katie!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Same frock - better result...better player.

I'm sure some of the other female Brits must feel a bit neglected. Bloody well done Katie!

that was a great result.

It is odd how people interpret the interviews with Radocanu yesterday. Pundits saying she came across as a well grounded and strong willed individual and a ray of sunshne whereas the interviews that I heard came across as 'I have won a grand slam title, how dare you question me' and just a bit petulent and entitled. I am sure neither is right and I do hope that she starts showing some form again soon.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Yeah, I was surprised to learn he is actually older than Murray at 37, but having that serve has obviously saved his legs on 50% of his games anyway!

Oh, I was surprised to read this. Older, eh?
No wonder he seemed to walk around, which I took for lackadaisical. Learned to preserve energy when not needed, perhaps. Very wise.
Will watch his progress with interest.