Wimbledon - Beware... spoilers possible.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's a better hold. He's been poor and decision making not his best...calm down, be patient and out-run Djok!
Yeah, he's got no chance now. When Djokovic gets going you can't beat him unless you're absolutely top notch, and he hasn't been. Easy win for Djokovic from here, sadly.

On the plus side.. he has never beaten Kyrgios apparently. I was surprised to hear that. They only played twice, both in 2017, but Nick won both of them. Interesting. :unsure:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Yeah, he's got no chance now. When Djokovic gets going you can't beat him unless you're absolutely top notch, and he hasn't been. Easy win for Djokovic from here, sadly.

On the plus side.. he has never beaten Kyrgios apparently. I was surprised to hear that. They only played twice, both in 2017, but Nick won both of them. Interesting. :unsure:
Neither playing their best! But Djok has too much experience imo. Norrie needs to continue his basic tactics rather than adjusting his game to Djok's. Too many 'unforced' errors put pressure on his normal strengths.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
The line judges in this tournament have been absolutely awful. Just frequently getting it wrong. I know it's not easy but they're normally better than this. Woeful.
Can't remember any bad calls in today's match. Even an Umpire's over-rule turned out to have been a good call by the Line-o. Couple of reasons for that - far fewer games, so more likely to pick 'the best'. And, generally, the more experience, the better the performance.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site

I really hope Djokovic beats Kyrgios and gives him a lesson on respect and behaviour.

4LEX

Visit site
I think it'll be a brilliant match, Kyrgios will be fired up which could work for or against him. I don't think they're on the best of terms either. Bring on the fun and games!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think it'll be a brilliant match, Kyrgios will be fired up which could work for or against him. I don't think they're on the best of terms either. Bring on the fun and games!
Actually they apparently get on well nowadays since Kyrgios supported him over the Australia & jabs debacle.
I really hope Djokovic beats Kyrgios and gives him a lesson on respect and behaviour.
On the contrary. I hate Djokovic and Kyrgios has been the story of this Wimbledon, so it would be amazing if Nick won it. I think there is potential for Nick's mind games to work on Novak and he could lose his rag a little bit - but it's 50-50 whether that messes up his game or spurs him on to play better! Should be a great final anyway. Probably more interesting than another Novak Rafa one. And as I said before... Novak has never beaten Nick.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
...And as I said before... Novak has never beaten Nick.
Both NK's wins were on Hard Court though. Not sure whether Grass favours either mind. It could all be down to whoever gets the better start, especially if it's Djok as he hasn't been as dominant early as normal this tournament.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Both NK's wins were on Hard Court though. Not sure whether Grass favours either mind. It could all be down to whoever gets the better start, especially if it's Djok as he hasn't been as dominant early as normal this tournament.
Nick is a fantastic grass court player, I believe he considers it his best surface.

4LEX

Visit site
I think the ceasefire over the isolation situation is a blip. Kyrgios needs to get worked up and hate Djokovic to win tomorrow. Anything else and it's a grinding Novak win.

Grass favours Kyrgios more than hard courts. He's amazing value at 4.00. If he serves well and gets worked up he'll win.

Kyrgios first set, over 4.5 sets and Kyrgios to win are my tips :whistle:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Nick is a fantastic grass court player, I believe he considers it his best surface.
I'd agree. It's just that he doesn't get to play very much on it - mainly because of his 'brain',
His record is still played twice (both Hardcourt); won twice. Once at Indian Wells (4th round) so a big tournament.
If Djok wins the first it'll likely be an 'easy' Djok win. But Djok seems to be a slow starter, so i wouldn't be surprise if NK wins the 1st and a similar Djok comeback to against Norrie happens, but with less 'certainty' of the result - but favouring Djok.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
I'd agree. It's just that he doesn't get to play very much on it - mainly because of his 'brain',
His record is still played twice (both Hardcourt); won twice. Once at Indian Wells (4th round) so a big tournament.
If Djok wins the first it'll likely be an 'easy' Djok win. But Djok seems to be a slow starter, so i wouldn't be surprise if NK wins the 1st and a similar Djok comeback to against Norrie happens, but with less 'certainty' of the result - but favouring Djok.

Could be going that way. K is getting a bit chatty with himself, dwelling on his mistakes?
Trying spectacular shots at wrong time I think.

4LEX

Visit site
Brilliant game so far! Kyrgios was faultless in the opener and Djok really showing his class in the second!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
ok....but he made me laugh with the comment about the "woman who looks like she's had 700 drinks"
Yet that's apparently not enough to identify her!
And the Kyrgios 'chatter factor' has increased!
Is he losing it? Relentless pressure from Djok taking its toll?