Wilson Staff TW9

T

thecraw

I picked up one of these wedges the other day in Glasgow while pottering about in a golf shop. I instantly liked the look of it at address and was quite impressed with its weight and the way it sat.

I just had a "waggle" and didn't hit any shots however you know yourself instantly if you like a wedge.

I am now considering going back and trying to get a hit with one. Has anyone on here got one or any reviews opinions feedback on these wedges???

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I can only say good things about these wedges. I don't have them (one) but some of the lads who got me into W/S have them and love them.
I also saw the most astonishing spin with a pinnacle gold into the last green at Mile End (Shropshire)....yes, 10' backspin off a GW with a distance ball.
They look good, they seem to play good, I'm impressed. :)

EaseNgrace

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I have the 52 and 56 deg. I picked them up for a bargain at £40 the pair and I have really got a feel for them now. I prefer them to my previous Taylormade RAC wedges, the weight of them feels much better balanced and not 'head-heavy' like I find some wedges.The grooves great for chipping and getting that check on the second bounce and more than adequate spin on full shots.
The only criticism I have of them is that I wasn't comfortable with the 56 out of bunkers (probably because it is 12* bounce) so I took out my 3 hybrid and put my Nike lobwedge back for greenside bunkers.
Im not usually a Wilson man but I took somebody's advice to buy whatever felt best, im pleased I went for the TW9's now rather than sticking to my usual TM or Mizuno, give them a bash on the range I say and if they work for you too, go for it.

pablo123

Club Champion
Visit site
I have a 50 54 and 58 and I think they are great. I get quite a soft feel from them which gives me some confidence around the greens. My 54 with the face opened out of bunkers generates loads of spin so I can really go at the pin. I find they are quite responsive off the short stuff too. Really good wedge.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Iv got the 52 and the 56 deg......I use them for a lot of shots...There pretty versatile......Also if your playing any of the softer distance balls or the tour balls they do feel great off the clubs.....You'll get plenty of spin off the tour balls if the Tw9 you had in your hand was last years model.....Wilson have brought them out again for 2010 with the new grooves