Wilson staff d7 iron defect

Ridger96

Visit site
Brought a set of Wilson d7’s just under two years ago but recently I noticed the back piece of the 5 iron was looking loose. I emailed Wilson and they stated there was nothing they could do because they only offered a 1 year warranty. American golf (where I purchased them from) stated it’s just a cosmetic issue and won’t effect performance.

Well yesterday the piece flew off at the range so now I’m left with a club with a gaping hole on the back. It seems clear the build quality is pretty shoddy considering the look of it inside. Does anyone have similar experience or able to advise on where I stand with this?

Attachments

• 97040307-BBD9-42F7-AA6E-1E1899983E36.jpeg
    97040307-BBD9-42F7-AA6E-1E1899983E36.jpeg
    612.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 3E4A8EC4-A863-4F45-B212-C8057D3E4744.jpeg
    3E4A8EC4-A863-4F45-B212-C8057D3E4744.jpeg
    473.5 KB · Views: 39

peld

Visit site
just araldite it back on.
Its obviously not ideal, and Wilson build quality is normally good, but probably a one off where there wasnt enough glue on that particular club. (I had D7s for a couple of years and never had an issue)
The clubs look well used so these occasional things happen - ask plenty of Ping owners who have the plastic bits falling off the back!

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I had issues with the power holes on my D7's numerous times - see details in another thread on here.

Is that just the plastic insert to the cavity, or has metal actually come off, I cant tell? If the metal is undamaged then just glue the plastic back on?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Clean both surfaces with fine wet and dry and then glue it back using a thin layer of a 2pt glue. As above these look like there’s high use in these clubs and also bare in mind this is their entry level range and not the higher premium staff range.

I’ve had many brands where ferrells become lose and so on.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Even a lot of Pings loose the weights in the back.

Although they repair FOC you still have the cost of getting them to and from Ping.

I too also go with the - epoxy it back in place, it'sthe cheaper option. Two pack epoxy from Poundland £1

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
That's a precision engineered piece of cosmetic plastic, if you do attempt a DIY fix then make sure you glue it precisely into the correct position. (y)

Ridger96

Visit site
I had issues with the power holes on my D7's numerous times - see details in another thread on here.

Is that just the plastic insert to the cavity, or has metal actually come off, I cant tell? If the metal is undamaged then just glue the plastic back on?
It’s just the plastic, I think it looks more of a mess than it actually is because half the foam backing stayed on the club and half came off with the plastic.

Ridger96

Visit site
Even a lot of Pings loose the weights in the back.

Although they repair FOC you still have the cost of getting them to and from Ping.

I too also go with the - epoxy it back in place, it'sthe cheaper option. Two pack epoxy from Poundland £1
I spoke to someone else from American golf since posting this and he said they’ve fixed a few recently free of charge so will probably just let them do it, even though it seems an easy enough fix

Neeko1988

Visit site
As above it looks like you have had plenty of use out of them over the two years and they are a lesser expensive club. Just glue it back on job done