Wilson Staff Di7 irons v Wilson Staff D300 or newer

dankiz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I am still playing with the Wilson Staff Di7 irons but they are coming to the end of their life span! I am hoping to upgrade to the original D300 irons with power holes but struggling to find a set to try. Any Wilson fans out there who played with the Di7's back in the day, who subsequently upgraded to a newer model, game improvement asi play off 17.5. interested to know if it was just the lofts that got stronger or if the technology improved as well! I was thinking of trying the D9's myself but they are a bit out of my price range, hence looking at the D300s! Any thoughts gratefully received

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The D9 lofts have become seriously altered compared to Di7
7 iron on a D9 is 27 degree!!
however compared to other clubs at the time the Di7s were seriously delofted I believe the 7 iron was 31

Most new clubs aimed that sort of level are around the 30-31 mark.

D300 7 is 29.5

Whilst looking around for specs I came across these

https://golfstoreuk.net/products/wi...iKLv0i_elbsCaOa_BwUJqCWiCXdte5vAaAmcBEALw_wcB

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Not sure why you are wanting them but if you get the option try the mid range Wilson’s as I believe D is distance for entry players but the C range used to be mid range players and we’re easier to game and lasted longer when improving. I personally found the D heads a bit too heavy.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I have the D9's - lofts are strong but they launch well and don't add insane distance on what you are probably currently hitting!

Cant speak for the D300 - have you looked at the D7's? They should be pretty cheap now?