Wilson CI9's...advice anyone?

granters

Q-School Graduate
www.theirvinegolfclub.co.uk
Just curious as i hadn't really thought about these. They look a good alternative to Titleist Ap2's, at half the price. Does anyone use them or have any experience of them?

I'm really interested in Ap2's but am struggling to justify the cost to be honest. And i've always used Wilson as you can see below.

Any advice greatly appreciated

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Granters,
I have hit them mate...
Iv hit both those and the Ci7's...
Very little difference in my opinion....The Ci9's are just a little busier on the cavity...

I toyed between the Ci9's and the FG Tour Forged irons...
The Ci's are more forgiving in the long irons but from 5 down to PW there wasnt a whole heap of difference if you hit the ball half decent..

If it were my choice it take the Wilsons over the Titleist all day long...But them im slightly biased because im a big Wilsonstaff fan.

T

thecraw

U want Ping Grant!

I will use the Jedi mind trick if required.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
If it were my choice it take the Wilsons over the Titleist all day long...But them im slightly biased because im a big Wilsonstaff fan.

EH????????? ;) ;)

Ping G10 Driver
Ping i15 3 Wood
Ping i15 hybrid 20 deg
Ping i10 4 - SW
Wilsonstaff TW9 56deg
MD Seve Icon St' Andrews Half Mallet

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site

EH????????? ;) ;)

Ping G10 Driver
Ping i15 3 Wood
Ping i15 hybrid 20 deg
Ping i10 4 - SW
Wilsonstaff TW9 56deg
MD Seve Icon St' Andrews Half Mallet

Long Story Chris............. ;)
Im Ping for life now. :eek:

granters

Q-School Graduate
Cheers for the info.

just had a wee look at the FG Tour- they look even more tasty. Basically I'm looking for shot making/control clubs. I'll definitely give them both a blast.

For the saving on the Ap2's it's almost impossible to ignore, although the Ap2's are incredibly tempting!

Craw- the only way you'll see me with a Ping iron is if i'm using it as a walking stick

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cheers for the info.

just had a wee look at the FG Tour- they look even more tasty. Basically I'm looking for shot making/control clubs. I'll definitely give them both a blast.

For the saving on the Ap2's it's almost impossible to ignore, although the Ap2's are incredibly tempting!

Craw- the only way you'll see me with a Ping iron is if i'm using it as a walking stick

I think you'll like the FG tours ...Off a 10 handicap i dont see them being all that hard to hit....From the 6 iron to the wedges i had no problem with them...I struggled with the 5 and 4 but me being me didnt give them long enough and blamed the clubs when in actual fact it was me....A case of the indian and not the arrows scenario. :eek: ;) ;)

granters

Q-School Graduate
I think you'll like the FG tours ...Off a 10 handicap i dont see them being all that hard to hit....From the 6 iron to the wedges i had no problem with them...I struggled with the 5 and 4 but me being me didnt give them long enough and blamed the clubs when in actual fact it was me....A case of the indian and not the arrows scenario. :eek: ;)

Cheers, it turns out there's a wilson fitting centre not far from me. I used to play off 5 and was definitely getting back to that sort of standard last year, although my putting was really letting me down. I've always hit the ball really well anyway, so prefer tour style irons for control etc. (i'm not intending to blow my own trumpet by the way, although it sounds like it...toot toot :D)

Mattie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Im in the same boat... looking at the Ci9s or the FG Tour.
Ive been told that the Ci9s are no longer being produced so im waiting for the Ci11s :)

FG Tours are stuffing though :)

granters

Q-School Graduate
Im in the same boat... looking at the Ci9s or the FG Tour.
Ive been told that the Ci9s are no longer being produced so im waiting for the Ci11s :)

FG Tours are stuffing though :)

To be honest i hadn't heard of the FG Tours until yesterday! But they seem a wee bit more of a players club than the Ci's from what i've read. The Ci's are going for great prices though

Mattie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ive only been playing two years so not sure if the FG Tours are too good or me, but from whats being said on here there not :)

I will probably go with FG Tour tbh.

granters

Q-School Graduate
Ive only been playing two years so not sure if the FG Tours are too good or me, but from whats being said on here there not :)

I will probably go with FG Tour tbh.

No such thing as too good. I'm saying all this but i might not be able to hit them. You never know until you try them!