Why was I pulled

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
had a post the other day with the Headline

BIG PROBLEM WITH THIS FORUM.

This then went to Out of Bounds. Surely the idea is for people to read and it was more relevant to me than Tiger Woods.

However some time ago it was Mike Harris's birthday and if ever there was a case of an item being none topic stuff that was it.

Beleive me I have no problem with a guy having a 50th and I trust he had a great day and wish him belatedly all the very best but moderators need to be consistent.

Nobody seemed to have the bottle to pull that one!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It was loosly golf based and probably shouldn't have been moved.

But what's the problem really?

It's still there to be read.

I know we should try to get the threads in the right place and the Mods generally do a good job but in the great scheme of things is it a problem if a thread goes in the wrong place? I'll still find it and read it if I want to. I can't see the point of worrying about it. I've got better things to do.

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is this turning into golf's version of "points of view"?

A site for the eternally offended??

Get a grip. (Vardon or interlocking will be okay :rolleyes:)

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
3offthetee, you wernt "pulled" it was moved to the relevant section. There is no stigma attached to the OOB section.
Please don't feel that there is something wrong with using it. If anything, posting there automatically infuses a sense of fun as it encourages all sorts of replies rather than the more serious replies that the lounge would usually get.
Everyone is free to use it and if a thread does get moved, don't feel you have been reprimanded, it is simply a case of trying to keep te lounge as the area most related to actual golf. Slightly off topic stuff is still welcome in the OOB section.
When you click on the Active Topics tab at the top of the page, it shows you all of the latest updated threads, it does not discriminate any of the sections, whatever is updated, you get to see. OOB etc is included so noone misses out on these threads.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
For further reference, this was moved to website feedback as it is more to do with the running of the forum than golf (doc17 you are on the ball!!).