Why do custom club orders take so long?

peld

Visit site
Perhaps its just Wilson, but why does it need 10 working days? (Its just one club, all fairly stock items)

Surely the act of building the club takes no more than about 10 minutes labour in a factory.

Even being generous, why does it need more than 4 days.....
Day 1 - Receive Order
Day 2 - Build head+shaft, glue dries
Day 3 - Fit grip
Day 4 - Post

Am i missing something? What stories have had with waiting for custom fit orders?

D

Deleted Member 1156

It may only be one club but it may also be order number 2,487 in the queue?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My point is it should never get to a queue that long

No. Do you think 10 working days is acceptable for effectively 10 minutes labour?
I think a 10 working days allowance is a perfectly acceptable time frame considering you most certainly arent the only one asking for custom gear, and this time of year is holiday time and they are probably short of staff due to holidays.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
My Pings were ordered on a Friday afternoon, built Monday and shipped to the Pro shop for delivery Tuesday....nothing on the order was "standard"

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Where is the factory where it is assembled? I don't know the answer to that, I'm not being a smart Alec, but that may have something to do with it.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My Pings were ordered on a Friday afternoon, built Monday and shipped to the Pro shop for delivery Tuesday....nothing on the order was "standard"
My Ping order was slightly longer, but they did say at the time of order 7-10 days for delivery.
If it comes in quicker then happy days, if it takes as long as they say then they haven't let you down.:)

D

Deleted member 21258

Hard task master. ;):D Surely you do not expect them to be just 'sitting' there ready to build a new order, when it hits the desk. A business cant work like that, masses of surplus capacity would be required.

In your job, are you dealing with all stuff within 3 days of receiving the 'order/instructions' ?, I know I do not (some is dealt with quicker, like emails but the processing work takes 1-2 weeks typically).

Any time upto 14 days I would class as okay.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hard task master. ;):D Surely you do not expect them to be just 'sitting' there ready to build a new order, when it hits the desk. A business cant work like that, masses of surplus capacity would be required.

In your job, are you dealing with all stuff within 3 days of receiving the 'order/instructions' ?, I know I do not (some is dealt with quicker, like emails but the processing work takes 1-2 weeks typically).

Any time upto 14 days I would class as okay.
Emails not replied to within 3 minutes? My god man.....it only takes that long to write and send it:eek::D:D

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
You get what you pay for.

Wilson clubs are generally a bit cheaper, so probably don't have the same capacity as other manufacturers to get orders out as quickly.

I don't think 10 days is too bad for a custom order.