WHS - Handicap Allowances Question

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
Colin, aren't handicap allowances irrelevant with respect to the score to be posted for handicap purposes, other than a situation where the allowance might impact a player's net double bogey score?

Yes, that's what I said and that's why with regard to running a stroke play competition it is irrelevant whether scores are going to be returned for handicapping or not, the 95% allowance should be used.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes, that's what I said and that's why with regard to running a stroke play competition it is irrelevant whether scores are going to be returned for handicapping or not, the 95% allowance should be used.

But for NQs there is the option in the software for putting in whatever PH you want to use which could be for a number of reasons.

Like I wrote, I stick to the 95% for club stroke play comps but I know that some of the fun roll ups and ladies prefer to stick with the 100 % and as it's a NQ and they have and use some of our non measured courses I'm happy for them to use what they like.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Colin, aren't handicap allowances irrelevant with respect to the score to be posted for handicap purposes, other than a situation where the allowance might impact a player's net double bogey score?
Agreed but the biggest problem is that EG and CONGU argued for the last 6 years that for individual comps clubs must use full HC in comps because that was the fair way to do it. We now have to convince members that they were wrong/systems changed.

EG/CONGU can change whatever they like and they don't have to face the reaction from golfers.