WHS doesn't work

D-S

Visit site
I'm attending a WHS workshop run by EG (at a local club) in a few weeks time...got no details about the content or subject matter....anyone else attended one recently (I'm assuming it is part of a "roadshow" travelling round the country) or have any insight as to the potential subject matter?
If it is run by your County, perhaps with some EG staff attending, it will be about the duties of the Handicap committee as well as a bit of a refresher on key points of WHS.
There are some slides on key numbers of WHS, the Worldwide structure, responsibilities of the golfer, how to improve volunteering at the club, responsibilities of the Handicap Committee, info on the WHS portal, resources available from EG, info on the EG APP and quite bit on Terms of Competition and getting them right. Also one of the key points is for the golfer to initially contact their Club with queries/issues, then County and only as a last resort EG.
Hope this helps.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I haven't been following this thread but seems as good a place as anywhere to post this.

Winning scores at my brothers place today.

1st 53
2nd 50
3rd 50

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Best player at the club shot 2under and came 85th.

The course was likely shortened for winter. Playing off mats. 32 was the worst score of the day.

Still can't wrap my head around those scores though.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
If it is run by your County, perhaps with some EG staff attending, it will be about the duties of the Handicap committee as well as a bit of a refresher on key points of WHS.
There are some slides on key numbers of WHS, the Worldwide structure, responsibilities of the golfer, how to improve volunteering at the club, responsibilities of the Handicap Committee, info on the WHS portal, resources available from EG, info on the EG APP and quite bit on Terms of Competition and getting them right. Also one of the key points is for the golfer to initially contact their Club with queries/issues, then County and only as a last resort EG.
Hope this helps.

Damn....was hoping to hear about vast swathes of changes to the system to stop 54 handicappers sweeping up all the comps. :LOL:

Reactions: D-S

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No grown man should get that sort of allowance...they clearly don't need it!

Agreed.

I got into trouble on here a few years ago saying people should start on an 18 handicap and work up if needs be.

This was even before they lost their minds and increased the max handicap from 28.