Who will win most career Majors: Jordan, Rory or Jason?

Who will win the most career Majors?

• Jordan Spieth

Votes: 44 41.9%
  • Jason Day

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Rory McIlroy

Votes: 58 55.2%

• Total voters

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Speith for me as he seems to have the most hunger and motivation. Rory for all his natural talent does not seem like a grinder to me and some times you need to grind them out as well as winning by natural ability.

As for challengers then I think no one in the near future will constantly challenge, Rose is often there or there abouts but time is catching up on him. As other have said Fitzpatrick looks the best of the homegrown talent to do that in later years.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

Speith for me as he seems to have the most hunger and motivation. Rory for all his natural talent does not seem like a grinder to me and some times you need to grind them out as well as winning by natural ability.

As for challengers then I think no one in the near future will constantly challenge, Rose is often there or there abouts but time is catching up on him. As other have said Fitzpatrick looks the best of the homegrown talent to do that in later years.

Do you mean like he did in his last major win at Valhalla for the 2014 US Pga ? He battled like the best in that comp to keep Mickleson and Fowler at bay

sportsbob

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Whilst Rory is the most talented of the three and can easily win any tournament by a country mile, for me I have gone for Jordan - he is a machine, so focussed, so consistent and is more likely to be in contention more of the time. Plus he can even putt on broccoli

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Im going for Speith as I believe he is actually better than Rory already.

Rory will get married and then slowly get worse and I have always said he will get injured swinging it that hard his body wont cope long term.

Saying all this if they are still winning majors for the next 25 years some including me might not be around to know the answer.

I believe Dustin Johnson is going to win a lot more majors also.

My one to watch is Tyrell Hatton.

I think Dustin's gonna be the Greg Norman of this generation. He may well win a couple but there may well be plenty that go by the way side.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I think Speith has more longevity in his game but McIlroy has the greater natural talent. In my own opinion I think Spieth will have the longer career and therefore have more opportunities to win. It will be close and very exciting to see them gong toe to toe over the next decade or so. As for young pretenders, I hope Fitzpatrick continue to rise and improve and is knocking on the major door very soon

Hacker Khan

Visit site
Do you mean like he did in his last major win at Valhalla for the 2014 US Pga ? He battled like the best in that comp to keep Mickleson and Fowler at bay

But he is more likely to throw in a bad 9 at some time during a tournament. Where as Speith doesn't as he is more consistent.

D

Deleted member 15344

But he is more likely to throw in a bad 9 at some time during a tournament. Where as Speith doesn't as he is more consistent.
Spieth has thrown in plenty of bad 9 or even 18 holes in his short career

Last year was a stellar year for him - is it a one off or will he have another stellar year like we have already seen from McIlroy

McIlroy has won from the front , battled from behind , grinded away to keep players away in his major wins so far

Even though he was out for half the season McIlroy still won a number of times

If Spieth does it for a second season then he will be the real deal

Hacker Khan

Visit site
I
Spieth has thrown in plenty of bad 9 or even 18 holes in his short career

Last year was a stellar year for him - is it a one off or will he have another stellar year like we have already seen from McIlroy

McIlroy has won from the front , battled from behind , grinded away to keep players away in his major wins so far

Even though he was out for half the season McIlroy still won a number of times

If Spieth does it for a second season then he will be the real deal

Remind me which major Rory won by battling from behind?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Not sure McIlroy lacks hunger or motivation and he'll want #1 back. I agree that while McIlroy may be the more "natural" golfer Spieth has a swing I think is more reliable and has greater longevity. Both will win more majors without a doubt. Neither will get near Jack's record

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Spieth will easily win more majors.

Yes Rory is longer off the tee but Spieth isn't exactly short on length.

Majors are invariably decided on the greens and for me Spieth is the more accomplished putter....by some distance.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There's plenty of assumption that Rory and Spieth will be winning majors for donkeys years to come. As Tiger had found out though a player's run at the top can often be stopped by things other than the ageing process and factors that hadnt even been thought about.

And anyone remember Johnny Miller? I bet everyone thought he'd win more than 2 majors after he blitzed Oakmont.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Spieth. He's the better putter my some margin and will build enough distance into his game to compete well enough.

This is the clincher for me as well. Rory's putting seemed to desert him for long periods last season and at 28 I think Day has found his 'A' game just a little too late to challenge the total that Spieth will rack up.

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
Day for me. Everyone seems to be forgetting how close he came to winning Majors on a consistent basis. The pressure of the first one was getting to him but now the monkey is off his back... He'll win The Masters this year and I'd fancy him to successfully defend the USPGA

Rory is too streaky and Speith is a little over reliant on his phenomenal putting.

daverollo

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I can't believe the amount of support for Speith!

He has had a stellar 12-18 months of form, with a red hot putter being his main weapon. Is he a flash in the pan or the real deal? He will win more majors in years to come, but already being 2 behind Rory, he won't overall the Irishman.

The fear for Rory though is will he find a hot putter in his bag again, I am sure he will.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
All the comments about Rory being too this or not enough that are amusing. He had 4 majors in the bag by the age of 25! 4 of em! How many other players have managed that in golf history by that age?! (I cant remember off the top of my head but i think its only about 3 or 4) Not bad for a guy who is too streaky etc.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can't believe the amount of support for Speith!

He has had a stellar 12-18 months of form, with a red hot putter being his main weapon. Is he a flash in the pan or the real deal? He will win more majors in years to come, but already being 2 behind Rory, he won't overall the Irishman.

The fear for Rory though is will he find a hot putter in his bag again, I am sure he will.

I think there has been too much put on the last 12 months. Spieth had an incredible year last year and he is unlikely to repeat that next year, especially being in contention for all 4 majors. No player can sustain that for a long period of time. Even Jack and Tiger in their pomp threw in the odd mediocre performance.

But there have been players who have taken golf by storm in the past only to not achieve what people thought they would. Johnny Miller being an obvious example.