Who will win most career Majors: Jordan, Rory or Jason?

Who will win the most career Majors?

• Jordan Spieth

Votes: 44 41.9%
  • Jason Day

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Rory McIlroy

Votes: 58 55.2%

• Total voters

NBonfield

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi all,

We're putting together a feature about the rise of Spieth, Day and McIlroy in the new issue of the magazine and we want to get some input from you guys. As you'll see in the poll, we want your opinion on who will win the most career Majors between Jordan, Rory and Jason, and why (leave comments below).

If you also want to volunteer an opinion on who will be World No.1 at the end of 2016, and who (can be more than one person) is most likely to force their way into the world's top three and challenge Spieth, Day and McIlroy, that would also be most welcome!

Hope everyone is well,

Nick

D

Deleted member 15344

For me McIlroy will win the most

And also barring injury he will end up the World No1 at the end of next year

I just think he is a step in talent compared to all the others - especially with driver in hand.

As for who will break through - two names stand out for me - Brandon Grace and now he is through he injury probs , Louis Oustzein ( spelling ) . Can't see too many weaknesses in either of their games and can see Grace breaking through with a major

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Think it might be Speith.

Think his swing will last longer than the other two, and could be winning majors in his 40's. Rory and Day hit the ball so hard, there must be pressure on their bodies. Also not sure if Rory especially will want to grind out majors later in his career.

I am assuming that Speith doesn't get the yips though.;)

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Rory for me.

I think Rory has the most natural talent of the three. He can win playing less than his best, his putting is streaky, but when he is on, he is unbeatable. As Jack Nicklaus said about Tiger, the only things that will stop him are a bad marriage or bad injuries. 2 out of 2 on Tiger, Jack.

Spieth is a great golfer and will win many events, but I think he needs to have more of his game on, especially his putting. I don't think he has as much reserve as Rory. He has putted like God for several years now. Can that continue? Most players find it more difficult to maintain as they get older.

Day is somewhere in the middle. Great talent and not as dependant on his putting as Spieth.

Another interesting question is who will break into the Big Three Mark 2. Is Fowler up to it? Not convinced. Watson is too old and word and Dustin is not made of strong enough stuff. Patrick Reed, possibly.

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Spieth. He's the better putter my some margin and will build enough distance into his game to compete well enough. Has a mental game which dwarfs the others so should be more consistent over time.

Rory is like an old Ferrari V12, utterly sublime when everything is running perfectly but too often there's oil leaks or carburetor problems - or putting and that infernal sloping shoulder, pout thing he does. He'll win more but suspect it'll be hit an miss.

Day is good but will get too comfortable with life to be motivated.

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Rory for me. I just think that if you get all 3 at the top of their game then it's Rory who will come out on top. Better all round game, just needs to get his putting going again.

Speith will win a few more, but if his putting goes then he'll be nowhere.

Day has a very good all round game and now his finally got rid of his "nearly man" robe, maybe he can start notching up a few more majors.

bernix

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Rory for me. Spieth relies on his putting and we all know how quick the flat stick can let you down. What leaves me doubt over Jason is that he has the knack of a choker - a bit of Ernie Els who won his share of tourneys and a Major now and then but certainly less than Jordan or Rory

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Rory. It all looks effortless when he's on song.

Not sure anyone will challenge the big 3 but I think Matthew Fitzpatrick will continue his rapid rise in 2016. He looks the business.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Majors - Jordan will just pip Rory due to Jordan's consistency and Rory's streaky putter.

Rankings wise, this year, i think Rory's going to get left behind the other two.
In 2014 he won the PGA at Wentworth, The Open, a WGC, the PGA and came 2nd in both end of season Tour Championships. If he doesn't match that success he'll suffer in the rankings.
Jason has a good chance of being top of the tree this time next year. He has played fewer events, if he plays a few more and does well his numbers will go up as he has fewer points to drop.
Jordan had an OK 2014 so doesn't have a huge number of points to lose compared to Rory.

Majors
Jordan
Rory
Jason

No.1
Jordan/Jason
Rory

I don't see anyone getting close, maybe Stensen or Rose if they can bag some big tournaments, maybe Reed.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Speith for me. A steadier player, less prone to bad rounds. When Rory is hot he is scary but he can also have dips that take a while to come out of. The severity of his swing compared to Speiths also makes me think that his career will not be as long. I can see Tiger like physical problems for Rory while Speith should be able to keep going for longer.

Both wonderful players who should end up with good numbers of Major wins by the end.

Hard to say with Jason Day. He could end up being a 3-4 major man but I don't see him dominating. You still have to be pretty special to get to the level so it is not a criticism.

njrose51

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Speith will come out on top in the long run. He just seems to have control over his game and its not often that he blows up when it counts. Plus he'll have the Ryder Cup which undoubtedly will help his game above Day.

Keeno

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I think it will be Rory, pure and simply because he has more at this moment in time and its becoming more and more difficult to win majors due to the strength and depth in the fields.

I would like to see Speith come out on top though.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Speith will come out on top in the long run. He just seems to have control over his game and its not often that he blows up when it counts. Plus he'll have the Ryder Cup which undoubtedly will help his game above Day.

I don't think that makes a blind bit of difference. From a playing point of view the Ryder Cup bares little resemblance to any of the Majors.

Roops

Head Pro
Visit site
I would like to say Rory, but I just don't think he plays enough to be really ready when it matters. His first round is often very average, then has two days to catch up, and a last day surge to try and pip the leaders. Speith on the other hand seems to start better and always be in the hunt for all 4 days.

I know they don't want to burn out, but I am not convinced by the "Staying Fresh" approach.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Rory.

I think Rory has a better chance of becoming a better putter than Spieth has of getting the rest of his game up to the same level. I just don't think Spieth's hotness with the putter is sustainable in the long term, the law of averages will catch up with him. Happy to be wrong though, they're both going to win a lot more and it's great to be seeing it unfold.

njrose51

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I don't think that makes a blind bit of difference. From a playing point of view the Ryder Cup bares little resemblance to any of the Majors.

well, yes thanks Tongo for that astute point that the Ryder Cup and the Majors are not played in the same way. It was more about Speith learning how to cope and handle the pressure, confidence on the final day, making those pressure shots etc etc. (May I take you back to this year's Open?) I know Day plays in the Presidents Cup, but it doesn't seem to have the same intensity levels of the Ryder Cup.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
well, yes thanks Tongo for that astute point that the Ryder Cup and the Majors are not played in the same way. It was more about Speith learning how to cope and handle the pressure, confidence on the final day, making those pressure shots etc etc. (May I take you back to this year's Open?) I know Day plays in the Presidents Cup, but it doesn't seem to have the same intensity levels of the Ryder Cup.

What, like birdieing the 72nd hole at the US Open after double bogieing the 71st and seeing a 2 shot lead vanish? I think he knows how to handle the pressure.