Who will win most career Majors: Jordan, Rory or Jason?

Who will win the most career Majors?

• Jordan Spieth

Votes: 44 41.9%
  • Jason Day

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Rory McIlroy

Votes: 58 55.2%

• Total voters

ShankyBoy

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Speith has the longevity I'd say, but Rory has the talent to run away from these guys over the next few years. All comes down to motivation though, these guys have more than enough money to live like Kings for the rest of their lives, it's who has the desire deep down to keep grinding away and staying on top.

Next year looks an amazing year for golf.

njrose51

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
What, like birdieing the 72nd hole at the US Open after double bogieing the 71st and seeing a 2 shot lead vanish? I think he knows how to handle the pressure.

thats kind of my point exactly. his playing game is so sound and if he can keep learning how to handle the pressure, by playing in events like the Ryder which so many players have said there is no other experience (Poulter/Bubba first tee?), then that is surely going to help him in the future more than Day.

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
Spieth for me. Several reasons. Putting, I think he's the better and the most consistent. Looking at Tiger when he was racking up the majors he just never seemed to miss and I think Spieth is getting close to that level much more often than Rory. Courses, 3 of the 4 majors are in the US and I think this is a significant factor in Spieth's favour in terms of the familiarity of the surroundings, the crowd support and the style of course. Most importantly, age (the reason I'm not even considering Day at 28). He's 2 majors behind Rory but 4 years younger.

Senseicads

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I don't think there's a talent to compete with Rory. Aside from his putting, I find Speith a bit beige!

I don't think Jason is going to get a look in here, the other two really are in a different class to him.

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I think that it has to be Rory on both counts as long as he stays healthy. As much as I agree that he has to maintain a balance and be the twenty something that he is - he needs to consider that his career needs him to stay well

D

Deleted member 15344

It will be interesting to see how Fitzpatrick does in the majors with the length extended

Simbo

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm going to go with jordan. Both of them have an amazing game, very strong in different areas. Rory's game is unbelievable when he's hot but when he's cold, it's awful. Both have the skills to win MANY. I reckon who wins most will come down to their personal life. At the moment both have pretty stable family backgrounds which brings them a good support structure.tigers decline started when he lost his father IMO, need to see how both of them handle life away from the course when life starts to crap on them. I reckon Rory could turn into more of a partier than spieth.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The one advantage Rory has over Spieth is that he has experience of the bad times as well as the good. He has the experience of the Masters meltdown and the years in the doldrums during 2013 and the first half of 2014. I'm sure that made him a better player for when he stormed back in the latter half of 2014. Everything's been on the up for Spieth in the last 18 months to 2 years. How will he react when things dont go so well.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Not sure anyone will challenge the big 3 but I think Matthew Fitzpatrick will continue his rapid rise in 2016. He looks the business.

I think Fitzpatrick may challenge the big 3, as he matures and fills out he will gain distance and when he gets going the kid is an absolute birdie machine.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Fitzpatrick is only a year younger than Spieth. He's not going to challenge the big 3 just by growing. As good as he is, he's already lost the distance battle in comparison to where Rory and Day were at the same age.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
For me McIlroy will win the most

And also barring injury he will end up the World No1 at the end of next year

I just think he is a step in talent compared to all the others - especially with driver in hand.

As for who will break through - two names stand out for me - Brandon Grace and now he is through he injury probs , Louis Oustzein ( spelling ) . Can't see too many weaknesses in either of their games and can see Grace breaking through with a major

Speith is a far better all round player, he putts better than McIlroy and has a better short game, driving at this level is not that important as it comes down to the short game and putting and TBH McIlroy just hasnt got the talent that Speith has.

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
Assuming they all say reasonably fit I'd go with Spieth to win most overall as I think he as a more solid all round game and is mentally strong (all three are in fact) and I feel is more likely keep that going over the years. On his day Rory is unbeatable but he is a bit streaky. Day has all the talent but wonder if he might be one of those players who burns brightly but just has one or two great years.

As to who will challenge them, I'd say Fowler. Good all round game and getting the self belief to match his outfits!

D

Deleted member 1418

Rory has the most natural ability and talent out of the three and IMHO his 'A' game (and in most instances his 'B' too) is far better than anyone else's. I also have a feeling that Rory will soon marry and have even more of a stable personal life that will enable him to focus solely on golf and winning majors will be his motivation.

So it's definitely Rory for me and have a feeling he'll win the Masters and Open next year.

Jates12

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Ive got to say im a little biased here as he is my favorite golfer but, after being named the PGA Tour's most overrated last year I think it has to be Rickie Fowler who challenges this pack the most. He had a fantastic run in the majors in 2014 and a couple of good wins in 2015 (disappointment in the majors) and silenced some critics. I really hope he pulls one out of the bag this year and establishes himself. I personally feel like He and Rory are the 2 best to watch on tour, I find day a little boring and Spieth is a little robotic (im not saying they aren't both great golfers here btw, this is all just personal opinion)

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Im going for Speith as I believe he is actually better than Rory already.

Rory will get married and then slowly get worse and I have always said he will get injured swinging it that hard his body wont cope long term.

Saying all this if they are still winning majors for the next 25 years some including me might not be around to know the answer.

I believe Dustin Johnson is going to win a lot more majors also.

My one to watch is Tyrell Hatton.

evahakool

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Think it might be Speith.

Think his swing will last longer than the other two, and could be winning majors in his 40's. Rory and Day hit the ball so hard, there must be pressure on their bodies. Also not sure if Rory especially will want to grind out majors later in his career.

I am assuming that Speith doesn't get the yips though.;)

Think you have it spot on there, I agree ,with the amount of pressure on Rory's back can it stand up to 20 years at the top?

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Rory looks comfortable with his wealth so he probably, like Tiger, not be competing past his mid 30's.

Speith looks like a young Tom Watson, in love with the game, and will compete into his 60's