Who videos their golf swing?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Do many golfers film their golf swings and watch them afterwards to pick out any slight flaw that may have crept in since the warm balmy days of last Autumn?

ColinR

Head Pro
Visit site
I do, quite often. In fact my daughter got a rather nice small hand held video recorder from Santa for Xmas :p

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yep whenever I can drag HID to the range with me. Check out my swing in my sig.

Not the best quality but you can identify all the mistakes.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
My coach does a video check on every lesson. He'll always get me to hit 5-10 balls with a full swing even if we are working on something else and we'll go through them on the PC. He then puts any lines or circles etc to highlight points (using some golf pro software) and sends them as an e-mail so I can keep them and refer back to them.

If we are working on shorter swings he tends not to do it as much unless we are changing something completely so I have a reference point. On the short game once the technique is there it really comes down to execution and feel.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
I never used to but I do now every so often and intend to do so in the foreseeable future. It has proved to be quite helpful in noticing when recogniseable flaws in my swing have reoccurred.

Slightly off topic but something I have also started doing now is recording in a notebook what went well at the range and what I was focusing on to achieve this and as such when it is going badly I can read this and hopefully be able to recall what I should be doing. This is similar to what I also intend to do which is record myself swinging well so I can use this as a reference point for when it is going well and use it as a comparison to other videos I may take.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I video my swing about 4 times a year. I like to see if I have cured my over the top action yet, and if my posture is any better. The usual answer is no, and no. TBH, it is a bit of a horror film really.

I also take a note book to the range and write a few notes each time. I find it helps if having a bad day, I can refer to a day/swing when it was all on song.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yip. Quite often. Mine's in my signature, too. I find video really useful especially when I get a lesson. Noticed a big difference in the last 4 years. Golf is such a game of opposites that I think it's essential. I see the bad swings creeping in quite easily now.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi friends
If you want to get more details about golf clubs, how to choose golf clubs and other information that you want then please visit us online.

golf clubs
golf sets
golf equipment

not even going to waste good vitriol on this denizen of the darkest sewer - he and his alter ego who so p*d off TonyN won't even come back to read it. but . . .

is there any way of really bugging up his trash site?

AlchemyGolf

Head Pro
www.onixbikes.co.uk
I need to do it more,there is no excuse now with the quaility of cameras on mobile phones.
I did mine today balancing my phone on my golf bag,a very tricky procedure indeed.unfortunutly got the zoom way to far out but added it to my signature anyway.

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Nice swing Alchemy.
I notice you have a relatively compact swing. This is something I will be working on once the bloody snow clears. I know I'm guilty of overswinging, my pro has pointed this out to me and has tried (without much success, lol) to shorten it.

I also notice your stance is directed left of the target line. Is this your general wedge/short iron set up?

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
I need to do it more,there is no excuse now with the quaility of cameras on mobile phones.
I did mine today balancing my phone on my golf bag,a very tricky procedure indeed.unfortunutly got the zoom way to far out but added it to my signature anyway.

Be very careful doing this!!! Much to my annoyance I once did this only for the phone to slip down into one of my fourteen Full Length divides and get stuck whilst on the course. It wouldn't come out after much shaking and finding someone with a small enough hand to force the phone out once I had managed to slide it into a reachable position nearly breaking it / the bag. It really was a pain :eek: