White trousers

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date
D

Deleted Member 1156

Why is it that every time someone turns up wearing white trousers people think either a) This guy must be good or b) knob ?

D

Deleted member 3432

40 mph wind and torrential rain here so anyone wearing them today is a knob :ROFLMAO:

On the rare occaision I wear mine I usually play like a knob....:mad::ROFLMAO:

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It used to be the same with white golf shoes in the 1950/early60's.

Mind you would Gary Players pair of trousers with one black leg and one white one split the vote.

I remember wearing powder blue trousers and a light pink polo in the 1970's for a scratch 36 holer in Hants.
Astonishing rescue shot from a half filled ditch at the 2nd hole resulted in me looking like a greater spotted exotic bird for the remaining 34 holes.

Last edited:

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Always thought there were three criteria to be satisfied before men wearing white trousers was acceptable (i) Cat 1 player (ii) aged 25 or under (iii) skinny build.
I've recently acquired a pair of said trousers courtesy of my better half. I think it was maybe a hint that when I was (ii), I was also (iii) ! ?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
i have a pair the wife bought me for a holiday some 6 years ago, never been worn still hanging in the wardrobe with the tags still on, not good enough, slim enough to ever wear them for golf

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
It used to be the same with white golf shoes in the 1950/early60's.

Mind you would Gary Players pair of trousers with one black leg and one white one split the vote.

I remember wearing powder blue trousers and a light pink polo in the 1970's for a scratch 36 holer in Hants.
Astonishing rescue shot from a half filled ditch at the 2nd hole resulted in me looking like a greater spotted exotic bird for the remaining 34 holes.

How very Tom Weiskopf :)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Always thought there were three criteria to be satisfied before men wearing white trousers was acceptable (i) Cat 1 player (ii) aged 25 or under (iii) skinny build.
Even then it's pushing it ?.

It is one of those where you shouldn't bother deliberating, it is just how it is. I tend to agree with post 5 as well.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
I like them in principle but hard to find a decent pair. Had to recently return a pair I bought online as they were completely see through. I mean, even the lining of the pockets was visible through the material - how on earth they could sell them is a mystery to me.
I played with a bloke on Saturday, he was wearing white shorts. They were unfortunately see through every time he bent down, even more so after a ‘brief’ shower of rain!
Blue & white stripes incase you were wondering?

sunshine

Visit site
No issue with white trousers. I wouldn’t go for them, despite being a playa & a knob?? too hard to keep clean.
I have a massive issue however with loud mouth and other type trousers.
They speak volumes!!!
white belts!!! Also

I bet you're one of those people who wear white socks and black shoes.

If you're wearing white shoes and a white cap it is de rigeur to wear a white belt. Certainly not a dark belt that would be a serious faux pas. Potentially you could consider a light colour with a discreet motif or a bright colour to accentuate your waistline and décolletage. Add a statement buckle to create an element of je ne sais quoi, and that is your chic look fit for the links or catwalk.