Which remote controlled trolley?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
First time out today and all those folk that think us with the remote control trolleys are tits and are 100% correct. I only managed to hit one person today. Me, and I did it twice. First time full bore round the back of the ankle. Second time I thought the battery had gone flat walking to the 18th. So I pulled out the wheels so it would free wheel. Oh it free wheeled alright. Mid swing with a 3 wood the bloody thing rolled into the back of my left thigh and I pulled it massive left nearly wiping out a PP.
Just to compound things, Trev who I bought it off. He has a £1600 Stewart. He fell in love with it on Tuesday, I think so much so he took it to bed. Today the right hand motor would not drive the wheel. It’s knackered. He is not a happy bunny. Think Stwpewart will be having a stern phone call.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
These really are the most ostentatious and pointless thing in golf. ???
I'd hate to be without mine. When I didn't have it for a couple of weeks I had a loan of a conventional electric trolley. I was fed up having to guide it around the course the whole time. The handle was non adjustable & in the wrong place to be comfortable. With the remote, I stroll along, hands in pockets, completely relaxed. Walk up to the green, send the trolley over to the next tee, so incredibly convenient. Ostentatious? No, just functional. Pointless? If you don't mind the inconvenience of having to wheel the thing around all the time, yes, but it does a job for me.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'd hate to be without mine. When I didn't have it for a couple of weeks I had a loan of a conventional electric trolley. I was fed up having to guide it around the course the whole time. The handle was non adjustable & in the wrong place to be comfortable. With the remote, I stroll along, hands in pockets, completely relaxed. Walk up to the green, send the trolley over to the next tee, so incredibly convenient. Ostentatious? No, just functional. Pointless? If you don't mind the inconvenience of having to wheel the thing around all the time, yes, but it does a job for me.

Are you precious in life or just on the golf course?

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It's just something which makes life easier, like a microwave or a dishwasher. They're not essential but they're nice to have.

I could think of plenty things I'd rather have and that are much less pointless.
I don't even want an electric trolley, very happy with my push trolley.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I could think of plenty things I'd rather have and that are much less pointless.

I was happy with my push trolley until I hit the mid 60s (age, not score). The first time I used an electric trolley I couldn't believe how less tired I was after a round. Anything that helps me get round is worth it - except a buggy. I would guess you're much younger than me. Perhaps age will temper your dogmatism.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I was happy with my push trolley until I hit the mid 60s (age, not score). The first time I used an electric trolley I couldn't believe how less tired I was after a round. Anything that helps me get round is worth it - except a buggy. I would guess you're much younger than me. Perhaps age will temper your dogmatism.

I've had an electric trolley since my mid 20s. The same one in fact. It just won't die.
But you are right, about it taking the strain off pushing or carrying.

I don't like to have much in my pockets when playing, so the thought of carrying a remote in my pocket doesn't appeal. I've seen a couple in action and they seem more of a distraction to the people using them than a help.

But each to their own. People are free to spend their money however they wish.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk

Anyway, a trolley & bag? Aren't they a bit pointless & ostentatious? What's wrong with tucking a few clubs under your arm. That's what they did round about the time I was born. ?

RichA

Visit site
I enjoy carrying but have mostly played with just over a half set. Now that my new irons have arrived and the bag is more full it's obviously a little more taxing.
Echoing MiB, as times goes on, I will use whatever technology is available to keep me on the course, be it the wheel or whatever hover device becomes available in the future.
A few years ago I scoffed at push-trolley users. I'm starting to see the appeal.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I'm happy with my 10+ year old GoKart but for those who want to use remote controlled trolleys, it's you're money and I don't see the issue. I don't get the animosity against them. They don't affect me or my game and I find it quite amusing to see them in use. A couple of friends of mine bought one, one a Stewart, three other a Motocaddy. Both have now gone back to conventional electric trollies. I think for them it was the cost of repair and dodgy remotes that did them in the end. I have to say with my GoKart it is quite nice to put it on at a steady speed and walk along behind it.

Last edited:

Icon

Visit site
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but does a staff/tour bag fit on well without rubbing? I have an old school Nike Buick Tiger Woods bag (the silver one) and I want to make sure if fits square on with no issue. I’d appreciate any photos of other tour bags in place.

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but does a staff/tour bag fit on well without rubbing? I have an old school Nike Buick Tiger Woods bag (the silver one) and I want to make sure if fits square on with no issue. I’d appreciate any photos of other tour bags in place.

I have a motocaddy m7 remote and my tour bag fits fine on it. All the motocaddy m series trolleys will fit a tour bag fine .